Oscraps

Goodbye Son
browneyedsusan

Goodbye Son

This is journaling about how I felt when I had to say goodbye in Aug to my son. He is serving in Afghanistan for 9 months.
Journaling reads: When I took you to the airport
to fly to Afghanistan I dreaded
the last goodbye. When that
time came you gave me a hug
and kiss and told me you would
be home soon. Then before
you went through the door you
turned around and waved. I
wanted to stand there forever
hoping maybe you would come
back and we could drive back
home. But I am so proud of
you to go to a country so very
far away from Texas and serve
with a willing heart. I am
proud of you son. Come home
safely. When I see you walk
through that door again my
heart will be overjoyed.
XOXO Love, Mom
Kit used is TaylorMade Moderation Font is Mayfield
Wow !! I love this page!! I couldn't imagine how you felt. I love the shoes on bottom of page, great touch!!!!!!!

Awesome page! Had me reading as soon as I saw it!
Love the little photos to compliment the page!

Beautiful ... I am teary from your heartbreaking journaling. I hope he comes home safely and quickly. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Thank you for allowing all of us the privilege of seeing this heartfelt page. And thanks to your son for keeping us all safe!

N
woman!!! you absolutely have me in SHAMBLES over here!!! my son is only 9, so i do not yet have a concept of what this will be like when the time comes to say goodbye to him... i can see from your journaling that it will be as hard as i think it will, but what i also see is that the feeling of love and hopes of his happiness you have is just as present. THANK you so much for sharing your heart with us!!!

N
oh... i got so caught up in my weepy-ness, i forgot to say that the extra little series of photos you included at the bottom there MADE this layout!!! it visually took your emotion expressed here to another level. beautiful visual!!! (sniff, sniff)

Prayers for you. My husband is stationed at Ft. Bragg and although he doesn't deploy we see it everyday and I talk to spouses of deployed soldiers regularly. My son and I pray for deployed soldiers every night. This is a beautiful page and you must be so proud of your boy.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
browneyedsusan
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout