Oscraps

Go Play - 100th AnnaColor Challenge
B

Go Play - 100th AnnaColor Challenge

Journaling: I think of my childhood every fall. Fall is my favorite time of year since I was a little girl, especially when we lived on Vancouver Island. And looking back on it now, it even has more significance. The variety of trees and colors of the season blazes more in my memory, especially oak trees. I used to pick up the acorns and stuff them in my pockets until they were bursting. I loved them! I used to kick through the rustling leaves and watch them fly into the air. I inhaled the sweet smell of the leaves, reveling in the scent. And I built forts in my yard with them. But what I remember most is the carefreeness of childhood and how I want to capture it once again and forget the responsibility of adulting, if just for a day and kick through the leaves once again.

AnnaRelease 23 October 2015
ArtPlay Palette Autumn Cheer[url=https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Autumn-Cheer.html]ArtPlayPaletteAutumnCheer

MultiMedia Branches No. 5MultiMediaFranchesNo.5
Artsy Layered Template No. 212ArtsyLayeredTemplateNo.212

Additional Supplies:
FotoBlendz Overlays No. 12FotoBlendzOverlaysNo.12
RuledLines No. 1RuledLinesNo.1
Splatters No. 1SplattersNo.1
ButtonThreadz No. 1ButtonThreadzNo.1
ArtsyStains No. 7ArtsyStainsNo.7

Notes: Starting with solid paper 1 and fotoblendz mask, clipping the photo to it. I had used the Cutout Filter on the photo and I blended the mask to Color Burn. Then bringing in the framed masks from the template and clipping the photos to each mask. With the gradient map I turned each photo to black and white, corrected with brightness and contrast adjustment layer, then added solid color overlay to each turning down the opacity. I grouped these layers.

I added the title and pasted the journaling. Underneath the main photo I added the ruled lines brush and brought in the word art, bringing over and around the main clipping set. Then in-between the photo-set layers I added a transfer, stains and artstroke.

The MM Branches were placed and I moved the splatters a little, then stamped the photo with one of the kit brushes. The acorns were held down with the button threads and label. The large branch was placed at the top of the main photo along with the paper heart. With a splatter brush and layer mask on the fotoblendz, I knocked out a little piece. I believe that finished the page. :-D
This is so beautiful...and your memories are like a kindred spirit to me. I love that fat green acorn. I picked up a few last week to photograph. Gorgeous colors. And Im guessing you could write a book of similar memories. The older we get it seems we long for those simple, pure times.

Ah we are kindred spirits in memories. I still will find acorns and horse chestnuts in my jacket pockets, almost unconsciously put there. I still bring home leaves, when there are a million of them in front of my house to be raked and swept. A beautiful memory! love the treatment of the tree and the detailed photos.

Gorgeous colors! Love the details and the journaling! A wonderful memory and page!

Congratulations!! Your layout has been featured on the Gallery Standouts Blog today. http://gallerystandouts.com/fingerpointing/2018/finger-pointing-october-26th-5/

Gorgeous fall page! Love your journaling about your special childhood memories! Congrats on the GSO!

There is something comforting about picking up leaves and acorns and popping them into your pockets. Sometimes, I find things only after a whole season has gone by! (Maybe that's just old age ...)
Beautiful page, Barbara.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout