Oscraps

Flamingo Pink Cardinal
musicmom3

Flamingo Pink Cardinal

There really is such a thing as a Flamingo Pink Northern Cardinal and it lives in a nature preserve not far from us. I've seen it a few times before, but this was my daughter's first time.

This design began as a template layout—I removed the frames and added a FotoBlendz to carry the focal photo, messed with the template background layers a bit, then pulled in an artsy paper and a few brushes. I blended the photo of the cardinal (captured from the internet--not mine), using a blending brush, then arranged a perch for it to sit on--a branch and two berry twigs. I added another brush (recolored pink) to the upper left just to give the bird some color company since pink isn't park of the palette. I like how the pink plays with the orange though, since the colors have a similar chromatic intensity.
  • Love
Reactions: lacy
Oooo, never saw a pink cardinal! How exciting to catch a glimpse of one. Love the blending and expressive eyes! I also like maps!

I had no idea there are pink cardinals! It's beautiful and so is your page. Wonderful blends and colors. ♥

Whoa, what a bird! It's really nice that Eva shares your interest! For the longest time I expected Megan to like the same things as me, then I learned to accept that wasn't gonna happen (although she does knit and sew!) :) The pink and orange is so refreshing!

WOW! How pretty is this cardinal!!! I love the expressive eyes of your daughter! I would probably do the same upon my first look at this fabulous bird! Love the coloring and texture and how the eye is drawn across the page!

That is one awesome flamingo colored cardinal. Nice catch!
Love the expression on Eva's face and that you have her peeking out from behind the map.

The cardinal have a very special color, really unique, so very pretty. I love the eyes and the map and the great use of the transfers, an awesome page!

Getting the photo is so exciting, and your daughter's eyes tell it all. Also love the map and the bits of red and yellow.

I love your journaling - you have a great way of telling a story!! the look on your daughter's face is priceless too!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename