Oscraps

First Day
musicmom3

First Day

**NEW** Deciduous MiniPalette, **coming soon to celebrate iDSD**
**free with $20 purchase October 2-7**
also
DeFacto Word Art No 1 https://www.oscraps.com/shop/De-Facto-WordART-Mix-No.-1.html
Spatters No 10 https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Splatters-No.-10.html

Photoshop Elements 14

This layout was dictated by the backpack, which I wanted to keep out of the trim area of my grandson's scrapbook. When the photo was sized the way I liked, that backpack nudged my grandson almost to the center of the page. This made working in the second photo a bit of a challenge, and, additionally, I was left with a lot of brick wall on the right behind the backpack. I wound up clipping the second photo to a transfer and scaled it up so the images didn't look like two heads floating on the page, then added even more emphasis with the twig frame element. I filled up the brick wall with several repetitions of the leaf transfer in the minipalette, even sliding a leaf under my grandson's foot. Working in the red of the backback became easier after I applied a dusky hue/saturation layer to mute its color, and for further color unity, I repeated the orange in the facemask in the spatters. After flattening all the layers, I finished up with an orange gradient at 20% to warm up the bottom of the page.
Love reading your thought process. Great results for this cutie at an important milestone. Love the mask.

a beautiful page with this adorable little boy! I love working on the background with his autumn leaves

Look at that beautiful little boy and his adorable backpack! I just love the leafy background and the leaf under his foot! (not sure how you got this to look so realistic :)) The branch around the second photo is perfect! Love your design thoughts!

This is just soooo adorable! Your grandson is a real cutie, and I loved reading your process and working through the challenges of the photos.

Adorable! Love the mask and blending! Life is so different now. Bet you miss him.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout