Oscraps

Epic Cosmic Stuff - Harvest Moon
vickyday

Epic Cosmic Stuff - Harvest Moon

Rachel Jefferies Mixed Media Challenge found here: https://oscraps.com/community/threa...feries-september-mixed-media-challenge.36178/

I wanted to capture a shot of the harvest moon as it became full on Sept. 10th. As it turned out, I took this picture on the 9th. If it is not a full moon, I certainly cannot tell! As it turned out, I’m glad I took this picture when I did because we were completely cloud-covered on the 10th and I would have missed getting a picture of the harvest moon at all!

My process:
  1. I opened the solid black paper in PSE15.
  2. I added the patterned paper and added blend mode Luminosity.
  3. I used the invert filter to make the flowers in the patterned paper appear as stars in the night sky.
  4. I added my moon photo and added blend mode Exclusion.
  5. I cut out (erased) a circle in the patterned paper behind the moon to get rid of the flowers showing through the moon using a hard round brush at 100%.
  6. From this point, I duplicated the photo, returned it to Normal blend mode, and added the required elements around the original copy of the photo.
Credits list
True and Free | The Complete Mixed Media Collection by Rachel Jefferies
Epic, Cosmic stuff | The Complete Mixed Media Collection by Rachel Jefferies
Be Kind | Mixed Media Kit by Rachel Jefferies
And So Here I Stand | Mixed Media Kit by Rachel Jefferies
Font used is Vintage Letterpress Blocks Regular
Photo is mine
For Esther’s convenience, I used the following elements from the above products:
  • a solid background paper – from True and Free, paper 12
  • a patterned back ground paper (slightly patterned, heavily patterned or anywhere in between, your choice) and blend it into the solid background paper – from And So Here I Stand, paper 2
  • a minimum of 1 text or number stamp – from True and Free, stamp 4 (added to top tag)
  • a minimum of 2 elements that remind you of the end of summer – single brown leaf from And So Here I Stand and brown foliage from Be Kind
  • a minimum of 1 Sequin or confetti scatter – star scatter from Epic Cosmic Stuff
  • a minimum of 1 messy mark – the circle around the “S” in the stamp added to the top tag is from True and Free
  • a minimum of 2 painted or paper tag – the top tag with paint on it is from Be Kind. The tag behind the photo with the telescope sketch is from Epic Cosmic Stuff.
  • a minimum of 1 messy thread or stitches – the thread is behind the bottom photo and is from And So Here I Stand

Layout information

Category
Rachel Jefferies
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename