Oscraps

#EndTheStigma
faerywings

#EndTheStigma

This is a photo of my DD's pet rat sleeping all snuggled up on her bed. Before react by saying yuck, (my dad won't even go in DD's room anymore, so if that is what you are thinking, you are in good company and I won't take it personal. LOL), I am going to share 5 reasons why rats make good pets from: http://www.goodpetparent.com/2015/05/15/rats-great-companions/

Why Rats Make Great Pets
1. Rats are highly intelligent.
This is precisely why rats are used so often in maze studies. They love to play, and will entertain themselves and make up games with simple items like ping pong balls and toilet paper rolls.

2.Rats are extremely clean.
Rats actually groom themselves more frequently and diligently than cats do. They have rough tongues like cats that help keep their coats clean of dirt and dust. Rats in the same household will also groom each other.

3. Rats have great personalities. (My note: And very different personalities, and comfort levels in exploring/eating/interacting)
Rats are entertaining, loyal, affectionate, interactive, and inquisitive. Once a rat has acclimated to his surroundings and gotten to know and interact with you, his own unique personality will begin to emerge.

Every rat is different some are high-energy, while others are quieter and more laid back. Some rats will even give you kisses in the form of licks on your arm or fingers.

4. Rats are easy to care for.
Rats are hardier than hamsters, mice or gerbils. They are also very easy to feed. You can supplement these foods with almost any fruits and vegetables straight from your kitchen, such as peas, bananas, apples, and broccoli.
(My note- and they love "fishing for frozen peas" by filling a dish with cold water and tossing in a handful of frozen peas. They will grab them, run off and eat them faster than you can blank, leaving the pea shells all over heh!)
Cage cleaning for rats is easy to do, just once or twice a week,
5. Rats are highly social.
Rats will seek out your company, and many love to perch on their caregivers shoulders or sit on their laps. Rats often get along well with other pets in the household such as dogs (with supervised interactions, of course). They love to be out of their cages and enjoy exploring around the house. They can even be trained to walk outside on a leash with a harness.
(My note: So social, they recognize Caitlyn as the Rat Queen Mama, and I am the wacky Aunt. Jaida our pit bull is submissive to them too which makes us laugh)
Kit: Softly Bundle http://www.oscraps.com/shop/Softly-Bundle.html
word Art: Just a Thought http://www.oscraps.com/shop/Just-a-Thought-WordArt-and-Brushes.html
Everything by Lynne Anzelc
Fabulous!!!! Thank you for the lesson on rats...I love that photo, how absolutely cute it is!!! I won't run out and buy one...but I won't be as critical anymore seeing a different side of them!!! (we live next to a field and have field mice and voles, so a little edgy about them,LOL) Great page!!

Layout information

Category
Lynne Anzelc Designs
Added by
faerywings
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout