Oscraps

Desert Inn Motel
Miki

Desert Inn Motel

I was surprised to learn that not only is Florida known for its oranges, beautiful beaches, but also its cattle industry. Cowboys, known as "crackers" (called that because of the crack of their whips) herded cattle for almost 500 years. Between 1917 and 1930 history was made with the cowboys moving cattle from Kissimmee River, Orlando and places north down to the Indian reservations and places south in which Yeehaw was the only watering hole!!! The Desert Inn patrons at that time included Indians as well as cowboys, business people, moonshiners, traders (trading goods and lumber), and lumber men.

Anna Aspnes
Artplay Palette Lifes Little (on sale March 29) Artplay Palette Lifes Little
Lifes Little WordTransfers 1 (on sale March 29) Lifes Little WordTransfers 1
Butterfly Glows 1 (on sale March 29) Butterfly Glows 1
MultiMedia Christmas Trees 3 MultiMedia Christmas Trees 3

Process
Artsy paper 1 from APP Lifes Little was used as the base of the page. The photo was place on the painted area (blending mode color burn) and an inverted mask (hiding the image) was added. Using a brush from AnnaBlendz Artsy 4 the areas of the image were painted back in. The image was duplicated with the blending mode changed to hard light. A transfer from the kit was clipped to the cactus, duplicated with the blending mode changed to color burn. Butterfly Glows were placed on the page with the blending mode changed to color burn. Word art and embellishments were added to complete the page.

Thank you for looking!
Who knew about the cattlemen? Not me! Interesting story and great page--I love how that cactus turned out!

Congratulations! Your layout is featured on today's Gallery Standouts Blog!
http://gallerystandouts.com/fingerpointing/2017/finger-pointing-march-29th-2/

Florida is full of surprises. And your colorful, vibrant design is perfectadore everything.

What a great photo treatment, the colors are fabulous, very creative, a stunning page!!

Congrats on the GSO!!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout