Oscraps

copie-0_MAURITSHUIS_copie
myla

copie-0_MAURITSHUIS_copie

In the Center of the Hague, the Mauritshuis dating the 17th century and which served initially as residence and hotel for the distinguished guests. Nowadays, there is a museum proposing the art of the 17th and 18th centuries. About 800 works of diverse artists are gathered(combined) here. " The Girl in the Pearl ", today maybe one of the most expensive paintings(boards) and certainly one of the most famous to the world, was sold in 1881 for approximately 1 euro. During an auction in The Hague where he(it) was proposed, we did not know that it was about Vermeer .C' is only after the restoration(catering) that the signature appeared and that it turned out to be a real Vermeer, painted by 1665...
Gosh I haven't heard of that painting. WHat a wonderful story. Gorgeous page.

Lovely collage of photos, and you got to see The Girl with the Pearl! I saw it in San Francisco a few years ago and it is my favorite, so beautiful! I have a print hanging in my house :)

Fascinating collage, Myla! I love art history and I'm a big Vermeer fan! I grieve the loss of Vermeer's 'The Concert' from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum theft in 1990. :-(

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
myla
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout