Children's Festival
Heather Prins

Children's Festival

Anna Aspnes**New Today**
FotoBlendz Album Template 5A
Artplay Palette Epic
Kriss Kross Stitched Overlays 1

Journaling:
I could write about what a great time we had at the childrens festival (which we did) or I could write about how Chloe laughed and giggled as she played in the jumping tent, or I could even write about how excited she was to have pink streaks sprayed onto her hair, but I am going to write about the one thing that I want to remember about today, my little girl' s amazing personality. Chloe was very excited to get her face painted like a kitten today and of course I was worried about what was going to happen later in the day when the time came to wash it off. I told her she could get it done but at bedtime we would have to wash it off because it would smear all over her pillow case and face to which she happily replies ok. They day went on and she acted out being a kitty, meowing and licking her hand, she was so silly. As the time drew nearer to bed, I could see that she was getting teary. Rob and I got a little impatient with her, reminding her of our earlier conversation. A few minutes later, I walked by her room and saw her looking at her kitty reflection in her mirror, she looked so tiny to me. I remembered that it is hard to be six years old sometimes, especially when fun things come to an end. A few minutes later she came out of her room with all the paint wiped off of her face and her blue eyes tear-filled and as big as saucers, trying to pretend she was fine. My heart ached a little for her. Today I learned something about my girl - she is very brave. She had to be the one to remove it, on her terms. I am so proud of her. I told her there would be other times that she could have her face painted and I will make sure that there is.
Oh Heather - you got me crying now. Such a sweetie - and so great that you notice these special things. She is a brave one! Love the page.

ooooohhhhh....I have a DGD who is 6, and it sounds like Avery and Chloe are soul sisters. Avery is also very tender about such things. I love that this is the story you told about your wonderful day. The page is adorable.

she makes for one adorable kitty!!!! Maybe you could frame a little picture of her kitty face to keep in her room...sounds like a wonderful day..and beautiful journaling!

Oh my what beautiful journaling! sounds to me like not only was she brave but she has a strong mom that let her take off her face paint - love all the photos! really looks like a great day!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Heather Prins
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout