Oscraps

Chateau de Chillon
Tamsin

Chateau de Chillon

The castle has a long history dating back to mediaeval times but Lord Byron brought it to the worlds attention with his poem, The Prisoner of Chillon.
It overlooks beautiful Lake Geneva (Lac Lman) and was sited in a strategic position to defend the St Bernard Pass. The dungeons Lord Byron made infamous were cut into the rocky islet on which the castle stands and used both as a prison and armoury.
Its a fairytale setting and is now a tourist trap of course. And you might be interested to know that no other castle had so many toilets because of all the water to hand of course LOL

Anna Aspnes
Beach Template Albums - I used two and mixed it up.)
AP Summers End (rose /paper) - I blended an artsy paper with a solid background.
AP Reflections

I included the painting of it by Gustave Courbet.
Found and enjoyed the whole poem. Love that you put it on your page. Also liked learning more about the castle on Wikipedia. Thank you!

Such a beautiful place!! No wonder it is now a tourist trap! I would love to see it myself!

love how made the castle the star of your layout. and the interesting info just adds to your wonderful layout. i'd move in there any day! haha!

love the backstory on this castle. Love how you scrapped various wonderful aerial views. beautiful!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Tamsin
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout