Oscraps

Challenge 2_Journal_News Addiction
SharLamb

Challenge 2_Journal_News Addiction

I wanted to do something about me that most people don't know...how I kicked News Addiction!
Journaling:
There was once a president whose face I could not bear to watch and whose voice I could not bear to hear. So I quit tuning in to the evening news. It changed my life. I soon realized that I was in much better health for having given up television news. It occurred to me that the same applied to newspaper and radio news. And why was my health so improved?

My blood pressure went down! I no longer had anxiety about events over which I had absolutely no control. Once I realized that my life went on pretty much the same whether I was aware of the atrocities in the world or not, I began to relax, and decided to roll with the state of things instead of worrying about things that might never happen. I could now devote myself to caring for things I did have control over ...mostly mundane things, for sure, but still, real things.

Wow! Such freedom!

A cynic I may be, but my 70+ years of experience have taught me that most of the news is just hype. TV news, especially, is just simply entertainment! So-called reporters do their best to dramatize current events, and I suspect, that like politicians, if their lips are moving they are either lying or at the very least, exaggerating.

Like so much else in life, the news is really all about money, politics, and power.

The bonus for weaning myself off of news has been the added time I now enjoy. Even if I used to spend only one hour a day watching, listening or reading the news, that added up to over FIFTEEN DAYS A YEAR that I have to spend in less worrisome ways. Much as I disliked President X, I have him to thank for my freedom.

All Products are from Courtney's Designs Queen for a Day kit.
(except the Nike sign, which is from the internet)
OMG Sharron how I love this page! I too find that I get all flustered listening to the news or watching it on TV! I am so glad that you have this new found freedom! I think I will follow your lead and quit watching and listening to all the hype!

Agree with this : Like so much else in life, the news is really all about money, politics, and power.

Love your design Sharron !

Layout information

Category
Challenge 2
Added by
SharLamb
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout