Oscraps

CCC Craftsman
ksacry

CCC Craftsman

Text Reads: My dad loved his time in the CCC, Civilian Conservation Corps. He always talked fondly of those years. It is because he learned so much. He came away with a newly found passion for using his hands to build, machine, and craft.
Winter of 1941 in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

Construction: Starting with the Urbicolous Artsy Layered Template I clipped my photo to 3 frames and removed 2 of the frames. I then made an extraction of my dad adding a drop shadow. I placed the ArtPlay Palette Urbicolous Hardware String over the frames with a drop shadow.
I placed ArtPlay Palette Urbicolous Artsy Paper #2 as the background, duplicating and used blend mode Color Burn.
I placed FotoBlendz Overlays No 22 #3 in the top center, grouping the layers and clipping my photo of the building (turned into a sketch) to the entire group. I then recolored my sketch brick red with a color fill adjustment.
I added ArtPlay Palette Urbicolous transfers and splatters as well as template duplicates of the red brick transfers to fill in the background.
The cluster is City WordART Clusters No 1 #3 modified and placed with MultiMedia City No 1 #1 and ArtPlay Palette Urbicolous Rusted Metal Hardware. I added the words “the moment when all the elements in a photograph come together perfectly.” Font - Brush Script MT
so many good techniques here! great extraction, wonderful use of hardware! and I love the story - I always enjoy seeing CCC projects - they saved the country and made it useful and beautiful.

Wonderful heritage page! We visit our local state park where the stone walls and bridge walkways were build by CCC workers. We are always in awe of the skill and beauty of these features.

Masterful blending of the house into the background. Love the title cluster and the photo of your dad.

Wonderful bg for your workman father. I love what can be created by these talented hands. Your blending is so perfect

Just amazing what you did! Love how your dad appears to pop out of the photo! Love the many techniques. Reminds me of my dad!

Fabulous! We still call the mountain road - CCC Camp road and the CCC built the high school where mom graduated.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-collection-Urbicolous-ksacry-ccc-craftsman.jpg
File size
255.2 KB
Dimensions
1000px x 1000px

Share this layout