Oscraps

Carrie
MsKaty

Carrie

I chose to use a photo of my great grandmother, Caroline Augusta-Carrie.
Journaling reads: My great grandmother married in 1887, gave birth to 13 children. In 1904, 7 children had measles and 3 died from complications.
Carrie was expecting a daughter at the time. In 1907 a son was struck by lightning as he walked home from school and he died. In 1916, the 4
oldest sons joined the Indiana Guard and were sent to the Mexican border in WWI. In 1918 her oldest son and and his wife died within days and Carrie
and her husband raised 2 of their children. In 1924, their home burned to the ground. Carrie was faithful to her church and and played the piano there. She loved to garden and raised lots of flowers.
She lived 89 years.
I used all items by Anna Aspnes...ArtPlay Palette Family, ArtPlay Palette Concerto, ArtPlay Palette Sun Fun, Textured FotoBlendz No 1, and ArtPlay Palette Santa Nicholas Add On No. 1. Font is pristina.
OMG. How much can a woman bear in only ne life .....
Love that you've dedicated a page to her: she deserves that.
Love the piano-button to showcase the happy side of her life.

what an amazing story! such a strong woman. i love that she had music and flowers in her life, in addition to the tragedies, and i love that you made her this beautiful page.

What a truly amazing and strong woman she was. And what a brilliant story to tell. Thank you so much for sharing this with us - an inspiration to us all.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 1
Added by
MsKaty
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout