Oscraps

Carpe Diem
B

Carpe Diem

The colors this year were spectacular and beautiful warm sunny days like this were numbered. I had to step outside to capture the light on my lunch break. This overlooks the park behind town with the river meandering next to it.

ArtPlay Palette RudenejaArtPlayPaletteRudeneja
ArtsyEdge Frames No. 2ArtsyEdgeFramesNo.2
MultiMedia Branches No. 9MultiMediaBranchesNo.9
Change WordART Mix No. 1ChangeWordARTMixNo.1
PaperTextures No. 5PaperTexturesNo.5
PinART No. 1PinARTNO.1
WaterColor FotoBlendz No. 5WaterColorFotoBlendzNo.5
Photos: Mine

Notes: Opening solid paper 2 as my foundation, I drew out three rectangles on the page with the Shape Tool and clipped different artsy papers to them. All the rectangles are blended to Color Burn. Then bringing in the ArtsyEdge Frame, I clipped the photo to it and changed the color of the artsy edge to white.

Below these layers I brought in the watercolor fotoblendz and clipped another photo to it after making it black and white and resizing the whole business. The mask was blended to Color Burn.

From the MM Branches I used a leaf and duplicated it and placed them underneath the photo, resizing. I had put a yellow Color Overlay on the photo on Color Burn at a much reduced opacity and I placed that on the two leaves by holding down the Option/Alt key while clicking on the fx on the photo layer to duplicate the Color Overlay and moved it to the leaf layers. This made the color of the leaves more in keeping with the photo.

I used the glows and splatters from the MM Branches over the black and white photo. I changed the teal glow to a more blue to go with the sky and reduced the opacity of both.

Several pieces of the word art were brought in to title the page and support the design. The art stroke was placed to span the page lower in the layers panel as well as the paper texture along the right side of the photo. The button was added and the pin art hearts were stamped to line up with the button. Finally the little leaf transfer was added at the bottom.
Congrats! This fabulous layout is featured in tonight's Haps @ Oscraps newsletter!

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/news.php

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout