Oscraps

Camelot
wombat146

Camelot

A layout for Danielle Young's CT Blog Challenge - Let's go to the movies!
I loved this movie in the 1960's, it was one of my all time favourites, but what I remember most is when I went to see it for the first time! Totally hilarious!!!
Thanks for looking :) - Ona

Journaling reads: Camelot, starring Richard Harris, Vanessa Reddgrave and Franco Nero was my all time favourite way back in 1968. Being an Arthurian buff I clearly remember going to see this movie for the first time with my sister. We called in sick and travelled into Sydney by train, we were teenagers so it was both thrilling and exciting!
From the first scene we were enthralled, the lavish costumes and settings, the fantastic music score and the very hunky Lancelot with those incredible blue eyes! We laughed and cried quite a lot as we sat glued to the big screent! At Intermission we went to the Ladies and as we walked in were totally horrified by our reflections! We had the biggest black panda eyes, with these very dark tracks of black trailing down our cheeks! There was no waterproof mascara back in those days!! We tried as hard as possible to remove the black stains with soap and water but some stubborn marks remained! We waited until everyone had gone back into the theatre before we came out and snuck back to our seats in the dark! We cried so hard at the end of the movie that we ended up cleaning all the remaining black streaks !
Last year I found a DVD version and just fell in love with the cover, the graphics just screamed out 60s with its orange and green colours and the pop artwork was just fantastic! Ah yes, Camelot! It was a favourite of mine for such a long time. The DVD now takes pride of place on a shelf in my craft room and everytime I see it I just have to smile to myself!

Credits:
* Paper from Spring Breeze kit by Danielle Young
Font: Candara for the text and Old English Text MT for the heading
Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0
Ona...great take on this challenge! I love the journaling here. Especially the story about you and your sister going to the ladies room...and the non-waterproof mascara. Awesome memory captured.

Oh Ona I LOVE reading your stories ... the thing that struck me about this one was the intermission!!! LOL!!! I just about remember the days when movies had intermissions ... I loved getting ice-cream and a carton of Kiora orange juice. Thanks for bringing back these memories for me!!!

Fantastic journaling!!!
Yup, that darn mascara! And you are so right; that jacket DOES scream 60s doesn't it! LOL
And you've kept that wonderful theme within your layout.
It is a classic and you've got some wonderful memories to go along with it.
Fabulous choice - wonderful page!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
wombat146
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout