Oscraps

AnnaLift 02.24.12 - Unsuitable
scrap-genie

AnnaLift 02.24.12 - Unsuitable

Mother graduated high school in 1928.
Journaling reads:
My mother told me that her parents sent her out of town to business school to separate her from an unsuitable boyfriend. Apparently it worked. After she finished at business school she got a job in another city where she met a railroad man and married him. I got to read more about it in a diary from a little before and after high school graduation. Her writing allowed me to match photos she had to the cast in her life including this one of the boyfriend. I also saw her high school grades that show a big drop in her senior year. By contrast she did very well at the business school. I did a little research on some of her friends and found Claude was much older, one of his sisters, Ida, being my mother's age. Her diary seems to show he was pressing her on their relationship more than she was comfortable with. She never mentioned any regrets about him, so I think my grandparents got it right. He looks intriguing and she must have been quite flattered by his attentions.
Credits:
all Anna Aspnes
-background, transfers, glow, brushes, lines, brad: ArtPlay Palette Vitality
-frame: TornNTattered FotoFrames No. 2
-clock, design (under brad): Artsy Clocks No. 4

fonts: Chalk, Bossanova, Minya Nouvelle
wow. what a story to have been able to bring together on this gorgeous page!! the title, the photo drew me right in. maybe i should try this with my daughter. we've got the same sort of problem going on, except she's too old for us to "send" her anywhere!

what a cool story...I love it..funny how parents usually do have it right! (although when I was young I didn't think so!)..now I wait it out with my kids and hope for the best ...so far so good...daughter had a close call with one "bad choice" but he revealed his true colors before it was too late!

Such an interesting read. I found myself draw into this intriguing story wondering what was going to happen next. A dapper looking guy, but looks like she made the right choice in the end. Love your layout design!

Love this layout and the story - he does look like a charmer!! Glad she made the right choice!!!

What a great photo and story!! I love your page!! Handsome young man!!

Fabulous lift! Your journaling is wonderful and I loved the story that it told! What interesting things we find out about our family when we do a little digging!! Love this!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
scrap-genie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout