Oscraps

anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-project-2023-diane-BLDec1.jpg
dwsewbiz

anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-project-2023-diane-BLDec1.jpg

I'm sadistically working on 3 year-end projects - 1) a continuation of my summer "Beach Life" project, 2) a "Past & Present" look at my daughter and grandson, and 3) Documenting December.
This page is for my Beach Life book, and perfectly fit the Dec 1 prompt about Looking Back.
This tells a story of the origin of my beach life dream, pulls in a scrapbook page I made in 2012, and a quilt I made about this story and recently brought back from my Portland house to hang in my bedroom in LA.
I started with a photo of my bedroom. No matter how I arranged it, good parts of the photo would get chopped off in the center. So I cut it apart and expended it (you can see the repeated plants). Blended this with Relative FotoBlendz.
I extracted the quilt part of the photo, repeated it and made it larger and in Hard Light mode.
Then I took an ocean photo and blended it right on top of my bed, Hard Light.
In included the 2012 Scrapbook page, and added Papers and Transfers from the palette used for it (ArtPlay Seafoam!) I pulled out the photo part of this page (I still have the psd files!) for balance. Added some elements, brushes and journaling. Unfortunately, I can't find room on the page to reproduce the 2012 journaling, which I am sure is not readable, but maybe I can include it on another page in this book.
  • Love
Reactions: ksacry and veer
A triple project - you are off to a flying start with this wonderful page. It's such an interesting project!

This is beautiful. I love the way you extended the large photo. And the inclusion/process of the old scrapbook page provided a warning to me. Don't get rid of the psds! Too bad I already deleted some earlier this year to make space on my hard drive. I won't be doing that again. I see another external drive in my future. :)

This is beautiful. I love the way you extended the large photo. And the inclusion/process of the old scrapbook page provided a warning to me. Don't get rid of the psds! Too bad I already deleted some earlier this year to make space on my hard drive. I won't be doing that again. I see another external drive in my future. :)
Thank you! I could have taken a photo of the page in the book, but this was much easier!

Wow! Beautiful layout that made me look deep into the depths. Love your quilt!
Thank you! That quilt is very special to me :) Unfortunately I have no notes, at least none with me, to know when I made it. I'll keep digging into the scrapbook archives :)

A first glance I thought that the house had flooded, then I realized that you are a master at blending so many photos seamlessly! Also love the quilt and gorgeous blues! Well done!

A first glance I thought that the house had flooded, then I realized that you are a master at blending so many photos seamlessly! Also love the quilt and gorgeous blues! Well done!
Ha ha thanks for noticing the ocean waves crashing on my bed :) I am particular pleased with the blending on this page. Thank you!!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename