Oscraps

anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-collection-eudamonia-diane-OzD1.jpg
dwsewbiz

anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-collection-eudamonia-diane-OzD1.jpg

NEW ArtPlay Eudamonia Collection!
This is just Day 1 of our week taking care of Oz while school was closed. Lots of photos and activities, so I used Frames (and background) from the Eudamonia Artsy Layered Template, then turned to Travel Template 7, choosing page 18 with the right number of photos (and matching frame styles).
With so much activity, I used Solid Papers for background, later adding Transfers, Overlays, brushes and splatters for texture and interest.
Just a few elements added.
Hint: I search my supplies for "lw" when I want a labeled word. When I find one, I usually then open that palette to see if there is anything else that would work on my page.
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon
What an amazing layout! I love how you documented a day in the life of your little one! He surely had a busy and adventurous day! Your photos are gorgeous and I love that your journaled about the day! I also love the little fish and other cute accents you used!

The red fire hat photo is a classic. Very skilled use of the red in the different parts of the pages. It's not an easy color to use, imo.

The red fire hat photo is a classic. Very skilled use of the red in the different parts of the pages. It's not an easy color to use, imo.
The hat has good stories, too :) He loves it - got it from a firefighter in Mt Hood last Fourth, got left behind in Portland, we had to go back and get it :) The red was really tough! Still not sure I am satisfied. Wanted to make the ribbon fish red, but the garibaldi (Cal state fish) is orange, so I wanted to match that! I had to desaturate the yellow steering wheel. Then I finally just said done!

Last edited:
Love the red fire hat and pops of red. The photo of Oz sleeping (after a busy day) is precious.

I love this spread, and I can also feel your aching back. My older grand's preschool was closed for a week and so I packed my Mary Poppins bag and moved in for a bit...and threw out my hip (OUCH) but also learned that I can simulate "the ocean" really well if asked to do so when acting out a shipwreck. PS: following the discussion about the red, if you tweak it, maybe try a red button at lower right? You are my Visual Triangle Goddess so I always look for them in your work.

I love this spread, and I can also feel your aching back. My older grand's preschool was closed for a week and so I packed my Mary Poppins bag and moved in for a bit...and threw out my hip (OUCH) but also learned that I can simulate "the ocean" really well if asked to do so when acting out a shipwreck. PS: following the discussion about the red, if you tweak it, maybe try a red button at lower right? You are my Visual Triangle Goddess so I always look for them in your work.
We haven't done shipwrecks yet, the current favorite being camping (my best contribution being cotton balls on a stick for marshmallows :) ). Of course, a red button, thank you, I just didn't see it! (I put so much into these pages I glaze over after a while!)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename