Oscraps

anna-aspnes-digital-art-anna-release-9-august Summer
dwsewbiz

anna-aspnes-digital-art-anna-release-9-august Summer

That ultimate symbol of summer childhood - the blow-up swimming pool! Oz knew what to do. He got in and played with the boats and fish. He also wanted to bring his new “choo choo” into the pool, and asked for “more” choo choos (he knows we have more in the house). I’m not sure what the cross-armed posture was all about, since he was happy all day, but it was cute.

It was a challenge to fit everything I wanted onto this page :)
Started with the focal photo on the left, clipped to the triple Urban Threadz FotoBlendz Frame 3. I used a partial Hue/Sat adjustment to dull the bright blue pool a bit, since it was too dominating.
The "choo choo" at the bottom is an extraction from a photo I took.
I used another FotoBlendz frame on the right for balance, then two more photos clipped to the Polaroid frames in ArtPlay Ochre.
The blended photo on the right is in Overlay Mode. A quick selfie, Oz's face was cut off at the bottom, so I used an extra ribbon from MM Flowers 6 to frame the bottom. I added two more MM Flowers to flow the red and yellow around the page.
Ochre Transfers added to the background to complicate the page ;-)
This is a bit busy, even for me, but I think it tells the story of a fun day and an important part of summer and childhood :) Thanks for looking!
Credits list
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: lacy
Such a fun event to capture on this layout! Your balance of colors is perfect. I especially like the added extraction of the Choo Choo.

You do 'busy' very well. Personally, I don't think it's too much, it has a nice flow.

A pondering posture? Such amazing childhood imaginations that want to put trains in the water. Yikes! :D

Wonderful pages and I adore the photos. I especially like the first one on the left, with his little arms crossed. :) I love the little OZ train. ♥

The crossed-arm pose ... he's thinking, planning his next move! Love all the primary colors!

Yes, summer and pools! Got to agree with Miki here, he looks like he's planning something. Love the diagonal on the wood words and the terrific use of the maroon.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename