Oscraps

Almost Always  a Lady challenge 2
easyeyes4you

Almost Always a Lady challenge 2

Having grown up in the 50s and 60s I was raised to be a lady!!! Being a lady meant always
dressing and acting appropriately for any situation I might find myself in... yes, we wore dresses to church and on airplanes when we traveled!!!! and hats and even gloves!!!! Todays world has gotten so casual in the way it dresses...and on top of that dresses are back in style, AHHH but I digress.... that is not todays subject matter...

...so, it is with some amusement and chagrin I find that lately I have let a few words, that a Lady would NEVER have used, slipping into my daily conversations... No, Nothing really bad in my opinion... You can rest assured I still cringe when I hear the daily language of the younger generation!!!!

What is this horrible word you say??? Well, it is PISSED or PISSED OFF....Now I ask you...what other word could I use that would convey my real feelings about something in such a simple way...?

A few years ago I read someplace where there are times when questionable words are really the best way to convey a feeling... somehow in my mind this gave me permission to allow this to happen. That said in my defense I hardly ever use the rest of the words in that category that are so common... Thus if I say I am PISSED. about something you KNOW what I mean and that I am really upset...

The sad thing about this is, I have a good friend who is offended by my use of this word... and I have to confess, it seems my perverse nature uses it WAY too often when in her presence...

This friend is the person who I rely on to critique and proof read my pages... Without an artistic bone in her body she is usually spot on... The other day she said to me...You should make a page about the word PISSED!!! She was right and this challenge about IMPERFECTIONS seemed to me the perfect place to do it!!!

So my biggest IMPERFECTION (at the moment) is the use of the word PISSED around my friend who wishes I wouldnt!!!!!

I had fun finding some images from the 50s and 60s when I was "fine tuning" my Ladylike skills... and the word PISSED was NOT a part of my vocabulary! Ahhh the memories.......

This image from the 60s was painted by Merle Bassett.

The background was created by me using Patti Knox's Digital Techniques for Art Journaling tutorial I then placed ....Anna's
12X12PageFotoBlendz4_3 behind it and clipped most of the layers to the mask

Oscraps-COZY-FLOWER-MaryPopDesigns

Journal font Daun Penh

title fonts Boopee and Callie Hand

1960's image by Merle Bassett from Google/pintuckstyle
What a wonderful page and amazing journaling!! I loved reading your page and I totally agree with you on the language of the younger generation!! Also fun to see dresses returning!!!

This is just a beautiful page and great thinking! Very interesting...makes me want to clean up my language :)

Ahhh superb! I really enjoyed reading this and your imagery is just fabulous. Really splendid stuff!!

Oh Liz - this is really amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed your journaling, and such wonderful imagery. I too am from that era, and agree totally. Things today so so different. ;)

H
Wow!! what a fantastic page!!! I wish my imperfections were limited to just saying this one word...but on occasion another word or two slips out....shame on me!! Fantastic journaling and page here!!!

Layout information

Category
Challenge 2
Added by
easyeyes4you
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout