All that Glitters Glitters
musicmom3

All that Glitters Glitters

Products:
Portire artplay palette **coming soon**
ArchiTextures No. 5 **coming soon**
Fabulous Word Art Mix No. 1 **coming soon**

Process:
This glittery page was created in the Mardi Gras spirit of more is more to document my daughter's recent trip to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. What drove the layout was the little bit of brick on the top left corner of artsy paper #1, which reminded me of the street where my daughter and her crew rented their house.

I started by blending in the big picture of the musicians into the background, then added the two smaller photos. I used a lot of dimensional elements and foliage to give the eye a place to rest, added a bit of journaling and the title, and then, as a finishing touch, added some ornate metal scrollwork from the ArchiTextures set for that NOLA feel. I finished by texturizing the page with solid paper 4, on multiply blending mode at reduced opacity, removing unwanted areas with brushes on layer masks.
An awesome party vibe! Love how the metal scrollwork unifies the page.

I really love more is more ;-) there are all sorts of little surprises on the page as you look at it!

totally diggin' your colors and you've perfectly captured the excitement of Mardi Gras. and they certainly captured some beads! the harlequin is the perfect touch too.

So full of life and energy! Party on at Mari Gras! Love how you've filled the page!

Another fun page full o faction... I like that such a tiny element was the inspiration for all of that... boy, your daughter sure gets around!!!!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout