Oscraps

Afternoon Tea
Tamsin

Afternoon Tea

Afternoon tea was a special event for my great aunts. They loved entertaining and would invite members from their church group over or someone down the road they knew who needed some cheering up. I was there one afternoon when tea was served on the verandah, for a gentlemen who'd lost his wife. The table was set exactly so with linen and the best spoons. I was asked to pick flowers for a vase. I was given no instruction other than that but I knew every plant and raced off to pick the lavender. They were so delighted and asked me to arrange it in a china jug if I could spare the time. So I did. Not having the least clue and knowing I had no special talent for that sort of thing. I think I just plonked it all in. But I remember the old gentlement sniffing it as he sat down and saying wasn't this lovely and his wife would have enjoyed sitting there with them if she was there. We sat down to scones and cream and a silver teapot and the best spoons were put to good use before the old gentlemen stood and thanked them very politely and found his way to the door. An afternoon to remember.

Anna Aspnes
AP Getaway
Oscraps Collab Partea
AT Neige
AT Summer Days
AP Memento
So soft and pretty. I love the addition of the texture which leads the eye to the subtle details of the image.

Such a lovely memory, almost as lovely as your delicate and soft design. absolutely love your design and your story.

A lovely lost tradition! Your portrayal of it is perfect. Delicate. Serene. Dignified.

The visual is a perfect expression of the story in your comments, evoking all kinds of warm feelings without the words.

I love the great soft colors pages of you, so beautiful, the texture looks great and the afternoon tea is so lovely, a very creative awesome page!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Tamsin
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout