Oscraps

A sad tale with a reasonable ending
SharLamb

A sad tale with a reasonable ending

Journaling:
One day, Chris, the Chat Room leader at OScraps asked the question, What were your childrens
favorite toys when they were growing up? I texted Zanna, and she immediately replied, Patty, my Cabbage Patch doll.

It was like a knife was thrust into my heart and twisted.
Here is the very ugly story:

We were relatively new Christians, seeking to earnestly follow the Lord. The church we were attending
recommended we go to Bill Gs
Institute __ _____ _____ ________s. So much of what he said was right on target, so we were lulled into trusting him. When he told us Cabbage Patch dolls were demonic, we reluctantly believed him--after all, he had proof to back up this claim. He told us if there were any in our homes, we should not just get rid of them but burn them. So we and the Youngs confiscated our daughters dolls, and tossed them into the burn barrel on the Youngs property. I knew she was sad, but I didnt realize until this week (6.13.15), that Patty had been Zannas all time favorite toy. All I could think was, what kind of a mother burns her daughters doll?

My heart broke, and I cried. Then I got on eBay, and found a doll that looked like Patty. I won the bid, and by the end of the week, Patty was home. And I cried again. For in the meantime, we came to realize how ignorant we had been to believe G______, who we had come to realize was borderline cultish.

Its not the same, and I cannot undo the trauma Zanna went through, but it is the best I can do after so much time. The bonus is that her 9-year-old daughter, Avery loves Patty too. And Zanna has forgiven me.
All I am going to say is,what a wonderfully honest page. Your journaling is what we all strive for.

Your story is so honest! So good in every way you made this beautiful page!

Shar- I know that I commented a bit in the Ooos' but I have to say it again, what a wonderful ending. The journaling is raw and honest but the ending is absolute perfection! I am so happy for all of you!

Thanks so much for sharing. I too have many similar stories in my journey. My experiences with the people who have shown me in various ways what God "isn't" have really helped to round out my understanding of what God is.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
SharLamb
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout