Oscraps

A New Beginning
Done for the Vicki Robinson August Designer challenge found here: https://oscraps.com/community/threads/2023-08-vicki-robinson-august-challenge.38128/

Journaling reads: The whole unit of three was split today as Ryan and Abby begin another school year without their big sister, Hannah. Hannah now has an adult job in an adult world after graduating this year from high school. I wonder how they all feel about this new phase of life as they get older and begin to leave their childhood behind. I don’t have to ask how mom and dad feel about this.....I know first hand it is not easy to release your kids into the world. And even though it gets easier as each one grows up and moves on into adulthood, as a parent you never leave that role. But that’s the way it is. 8/14/23
I put the pink flower on the right by itself to represent Hannah. The pink and blue flower next to the picture represents Abby and Ryan. The 3 butterflies near the top represent all 3 flying away into the adult world.
I changed the hue and saturation of the bg paper to give it more blue.
What a beautiful page, Vicky! I loved reading your journaling! It's so true! It is hard to watch your children leave the nest and it is hard for siblings to watch them go as well. At times I wish my kids were young again but then I wouldn't have my grandchildren!

What a beautiful page, Vicky! I loved reading your journaling! It's so true! It is hard to watch your children leave the nest and it is hard for siblings to watch them go as well. At times I wish my kids were young again but then I wouldn't have my grandchildren!
So true, Evelyn! Grandchildren really do make life grand, don't they!

I had to sigh first, Vicky! Antje and her daughter Elisa live about 900 km away. We hardly see them. Job, school and the precious holiday in Italy ... there is little time for the far away family. Tobias lives 500 km away and travels a lot with his girlfriend in his free time... Well, Vicky, that's not good either. It is important that the children have found their happiness. I love the delicate layout and the importance of the elements.

Ugh, I feel the sentiment! Fortunately 2 of our kids are very close and I hear from them all every day, I am very blessed! I love the page and the journaling, lovely!!

I had to sigh first, Vicky! Antje and her daughter Elisa live about 900 km away. We hardly see them. Job, school and the precious holiday in Italy ... there is little time for the far away family. Tobias lives 500 km away and travels a lot with his girlfriend in his free time... Well, Vicky, that's not good either. It is important that the children have found their happiness. I love the delicate layout and the importance of the elements.
I only have one daughter that lives 18 miles from me. The other 3 live in other states several hundreds of miles away. But I don't even see the closest daughter much because of school, sports, etc. But I am happy for them all as they are living happy lives and have been very blessed by God!

Layout information

Category
Vicki Robinson Designs
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename