Oscraps

2017 A Christmas Tradition
easyeyes4you

2017 A Christmas Tradition

For most of my life I have done the Black Friday Shopping, but that has all changed in recent years... The stores now open on Thanksgiving, and the Friday openings are strange with some stores staying open all night... Add that to my daughter no longer having any interest in going shopping with me, the need to downsize, not add more, which translates into not needing or wanting anything.... well Black Friday shopping I think is a thing of the past... That said... at least 10 years ago, I started going to Home Depot for their Black Friday opening, at like 6 AM... the BIG thing they offer is poinsettias for 99 cents each!!! The first few years, they did this they came in many colors and it was quite a thing to pick out the 12 you were allowed!!, now they are all just plain red, and come in boxes of 6, which basically you just grab 2 boxes and head for the check out! Depending, I suppose on different variables, such as the temperature at 6 AM on any given year, and other things they have on sale, that one might want... (One year, I bought a bunch of beautiful tools just for me... small leaf blower and drill, with rechargeable battery packs and sized to fit my small hands... Still smile when I use them...) But I digress... The size of the crowd varies for the previously stated reasons, .... This year, I was STUNNED when I arrived, to find the line down to the end of the building and around the corner and almost to the back end of the building!!! I have never seen this many people... I figured it was our balmy California weather this year... not cold! They had speeded up the whole process also... having each person load their 2 boxes, before getting into the line, so once the doors opened it was a quick process to hit the check out and be gone... or go back in for more shopping if desired... I have never had a reason to photograph the line before, but did this year because it was so long!!!!

52-2017-No-50-nbk-whitechristmas-p3

Oscraps-RUSTIC-Flower-vrobinson-4

AASPN_ArtsySpeech1_6

nbk-homeISwhereTHE-PM-2

Oscraps-RUSTIC-Girl-SoMaDesign

AASPN_BeadedThreadz2_4
this is truely amazing ~both the journaling and the page
Beautiful and eyecatching

Wow, what a story! I never knew about their poinsettia sale but can't imagine being up at that hour either. Beautiful page with so many perfect touches. Like the journaling area. And congrats on getting through the 12 Days challenges!!

Layout information

Category
2017 12 Days of Christmas - December
Added by
easyeyes4you
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout