Oscraps

1988 MTV VMA AwardS
Scrapmemories

1988 MTV VMA AwardS

I called my brothers roommate, Caroline who worked at a radio station and casually asked if she was attending the VMA awards that night. She was in a panic because she forgot and invited me to go along because I reminded her. It was the late 80s and I was part of the Hollywood California rock culture. Short leather skirts, perm in my hair to make it bigger and rock music was in my blood. I worked in the music industry for many years.
I didn’t have time to get nervous attending this big event. At some point, we took a turn and ended up behind the scenes walking passed a room that had one of the night’s performers Whitesnake. I caught a glimpse of lead singer David Coverdale and girlfriend Tawny Kitaen who were presenters of Best Group Video.
We were moving along and ended up on the side stage at the VMA’s. INXS lead singer Michael Hutchence approached me asking if I had a lighter. The band was performing their single “New Sensation”. They were nominated for several awards and won Best Video of the Year, Viewers Choice and Best Breakthrough Video- Need You Tonight/Meditate. How I regret not having matches that night!
I was feet away from the iconic Cyndi Lauper, Prince, Elton John and so many more. The after party was held on the grounds outside and it was wall to wall heavy weight musicians & music insiders. I suddenly felt out of my element as I had little self-confidence. But looking back it remains an amazing memory.
OMG is all I can say you actually were amongst the most popular iconic singers and bands this is a memory that will stay with you forever I envy you so much as these were the greatest times of all times.x

:cool: WOW! So very COOL! Geez, the MTV Music awards.... Back in the DAY! Yas! What great memories this brings up! And you had a front seat to it all! Absolutely LOVED this page! Great design, and GREAT memories! Rock On! :cool:

Layout information

Category
Vicki Robinson Designs
Added by
Scrapmemories
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename