Oscraps

1918 Schools
Miki

1918 Schools

Anna Aspnes
Artplay Palette Bravura (paper, button, overlay, label word) Artplay Palette Bravura
Artsy Transfers Bravura Artsy Transfers Bravura
MultiMedia School 1 MultiMedia School 1
Learn WordART 2 Learn WordART 2
Cool Glows 1 Cool Glows 1
Warm Glows 1 Warm Glows 1
Acrylic AlphaNumber Set 1 Acrylic AlphaNumber Set 1
Button Threadz 2 Button Threadz 2
FotoBlendz Overlays 15 FotoBlendz Overlays 15

Process
A solid paper from APP Bravura was used as the foundation of the page. The image of the classroom (purchase photo stock) was clipped to a fotoblendz mask, duplicated with the blending mode changed to soft light. The image of the children (downloaded from the internet) was extracted. A white sticker backdrop was created with a custom shadow. The MM School globe was added. Transfer layers, stains and splatters from Artsy Transfers Bravura_3 were added, along with an overlay from the kit. Newspaper headlines (downloaded from the internet) were added. A darken blending mode was applied. Glows were added (blending mode color burn) to add a hint of color. The page was completed by adding word art and dimensional embellishments. Information from an article by Theresa Waldrop.

Thank you for looking!
Love this. Their reasoning was good I think although I haven't studied the outcomes. This and your last one together would be a nice start to a series if you are going in that direction. Love your use of color.

Wow! We face the same issues about school today and for the same reasons! I am not sure I trust those doctors either. My mother had a brother, aged 2, die from Spanish Flu in early 1919...

Excellent documentation. Always love your sticker work. No school here, yet. Maybe in January.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout