Oscraps

Your first layout

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I started in 2004, not online or with work by designers, but with a book based on PaintShop Pro (which I used then and still now). It had instructions on creating layout design and lots of examples and ideas. Looking back at those, I see how much I learned from it. Didn't go online until 2006 and then began using work by designers. This one seems to have been the very first in 2004 of my BiL's garden and cat from the directions. (I think it was "Creative Digital Scrapbooking: Designing Keepsakes on Your Computer" by Katherine Murray.)

View attachment 383470
This is beautiful!! a book had been very useful when I started, LoL I learned by trying and consulting some tutorials I found online. Thanks for sharing!!

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I wanted to find some early pages that I didn't have anymore, and I went searching for my old scrap lift blog that I ran and found these beauties!!! I was so happy to see some of my old pages, even if they weren't technically great!

I found one from my first year of scrapping! This was in 2004View attachment 383764

Then this one was 2006 - one of my first attempts at good shadowing (albeit still too dark) and a bit artsy!
View attachment 383765
Wow, this are so cool!! we can see your growing, I love the artsy look. Thanks for sharing!! xx

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
This is my first one from 2006. Not really good. The. png files couldn´t displayed correcltly with PSP 7.0 . I later learned the -
solution to this..
I was a freestyle paper , think Elsie Flanningan and I only knew Creting Keepsakes digital lay outs

2.JPG

a few moments later I discovered the Paintshop pro Tube brush (OMG) :eek::rolleyes::)

3.JPG

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
The first "dated" digital layout I could find is this one. Obviously, I didn't have much stash at that time. I thought it was cute when I created it. It's a cute picture, though - one of my favorites.Grinches & Goggles 2010.jpg

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
This is my first one from 2006. Not really good. The. png files couldn´t displayed correcltly with PSP 7.0 . I later learned the -
solution to this..
I was a freestyle paper , think Elsie Flanningan and I only knew Creting Keepsakes digital lay outs

View attachment 383833

a few moments later I discovered the Paintshop pro Tube brush (OMG) :eek::rolleyes::)

View attachment 383834
You are not only sharing your first layout but also your first lift and I can see you liked that brush a lot ;) thanks!!