Oscraps

**WINNERS ANNOUNCED**Scrap 25 - 275 Photos Challenge @ Joanne Brisebois Designs!!

joannebrisebois

Designer
600_275PCAJBrisebois_zpswh4mqruq.jpg

Welcome to the Scrap 25 part of this challenge!

I like to think of this particular step in the challenge as the keystone. Once you have a solid idea about the time and effort needed to scrap groups of 25 photos, with this experience on hand (and a little planning), the upcoming steps in the 275 Photos Challenge will be more than manageable. :)

For everyone new joining this challenge, click here and here to see the first two parts of the 275 Photos Challenge.

Just like the Scrap 10 & 15 challenges from the previous months, your challenge over the next two weeks is to be inspired by (and scrap) 25 photos - these can all come from the same day or can span decades. These 25 photos can be scrapped on one single page or can be celebrated over a series of pages - your choice!

For a little more guided inspiration, you can do what I did for my Scrap 25 layout and be inspired by the story starter "25 times I/We. . .". Find 25 photos from 25 different days/months/years and celebrate the thematic link that joins the photos together. Feel free to create a card, a single layout or series of layouts, or any other project.

Use the Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Quick Pages Pack Sampler &/or the Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Masks & Line Frames Sampler or any other products from my shoppe, then post your masterpiece(s) in my gallery here by midnight EST on Sunday, April 2nd, 2017.

Products

If you haven't already, pick up the two packs I created for this challenge!

Freebie
(Freebie has expired)

While I don't have a new freebie this month, I have turned on both freebies from my last two challenges to help get you to 25 photos!

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Quick Pages Pack Sampler
JBriseboisSLC101525QPS600_zpseguoalmv.jpg

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Masks & Line Frames Sampler
JBriseboisSLC101525MLFS600_zpsakxa24h3.jpg

The Prizes

Everyone who participates in this challenge will receive a gift coupon for $3 to my shoppe (one coupon per customer).

I am also giving away one $10 coupon to my shoppe to two lucky participant in a random draw at the end of this challenge (one coupon per customer)!

Don’t forget to come back to this thread to post a link to layout, so that we can leave you some love!

Feel free to submit as many layouts as you like! The more you enter, the greater your chances will be to win the $10 coupon!

Last edited by a moderator:

joannebrisebois

Designer
copie-0_travail.jpg

pas facile de trouver 25 photos, merci pour ce nouveau challenge

This is incredible - your page looks just like scenes from a movie! I know how you feel - I spent more time finding my 25 photos than actually scrapping them. It's a big project, but your page was totally worth the effort - it's brilliant!

joannebrisebois

Designer
For my first 25 photos layout I searched out some of my favourite (and sometimes even forgotten) Christmas memories from the past 15 years. It took me longer to find the photos than to scrap them, but I'm looking forward to working on at least two more. I love that I can find a way to show off photos that I've never scrapped or even printed, including a hilariously sweet photo of my two kitties (who have since passed away) cat-fighting under the Christmas tree years ago. :)

NancyP

WOW!! Twenty five photos on a page!! Now I want to try it just to see if I can do it!! What a challenge!!

01lousmith

I know what i am going to scrap in 25 pictures, but now i have to go and dig out the pictures from various exteranl HDD... Let's say i am busy procrastinating right now...

joannebrisebois

Designer
I know what i am going to scrap in 25 pictures, but now i have to go and dig out the pictures from various exteranl HDD... Let's say i am busy procrastinating right now...

That was me last week lol. It was just like a treasure hunt, only with way too many treasures distracting me from my purpose. On a plus note, searching my external HDs unearthed a ton of hidden gem photos I have now put in a to-be-scrapped folder. If only I could dig out more time...lol.

01lousmith

Thank you, Joanne!
I'm actually looking forward to your challenges. It makes me revisit these old photos. (And it's fun to see how digital cameras have evolved! I bought my first in 2002 and the resolution is laughable compared to what you get in a phone now!)

joannebrisebois

Designer
Thank you, Joanne!
I'm actually looking forward to your challenges. It makes me revisit these old photos. (And it's fun to see how digital cameras have evolved! I bought my first in 2002 and the resolution is laughable compared to what you get in a phone now!)

I'm so happy you're up for the challenge lol! I first used a borrowed digital camera in 2003ish, of course with no clue about memory cards and storage (there was so much to learn back then). I agree about the resolution, the difference between scrapping a pic from back then compared to my photos now is incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:

seniorgal

I'm getting addicted to this! I changed this one up a bit.

I have a telephoto lens on my camera and can get some good shots
of the wildlife that passes through our back yard. The photo of
the Fisher Cat is not mine but one day 2 of them chased a rabbit
up to our back deck and if I'd had my camera that is what I would
have got. (I was too busy getting up and running in the back door!)

joannebrisebois

Designer
I'm getting addicted to this! I changed this one up a bit.

I have a telephoto lens on my camera and can get some good shots
of the wildlife that passes through our back yard. The photo of
the Fisher Cat is not mine but one day 2 of them chased a rabbit
up to our back deck and if I'd had my camera that is what I would
have got. (I was too busy getting up and running in the back door!)

OMIGOSH!! WOW!! I would love a backyard like yours lol! How lucky you are to have all these visitors and how talented you are as a photographer to capture them! My backyard gets only a few squirrels, bunnies and neighborhood cats lol, but I have a ton of zoo photos you have inspired me to scrap just like your page.

joannebrisebois

Designer
I promise this is not an ad for McDonald's lol. We don't really eat there too often at home. Where fast food is concerned, we're definite pizza people, but when we travel an international McDonald's is one of the many places we visit - less now than in our early years of travelling, but now our visits are more often for the novelty of it lol. :)

seniorgal

That's a wonderful layout Joanne! Guess what! I'm finally getting my photos organized and saving lots of MB's by resizing them (they were too huge). I'm also finding categories as I go through them so am ready for your 275 challenge! :photo:

joannebrisebois

Designer
That's a wonderful layout Joanne! Guess what! I'm finally getting my photos organized and saving lots of MB's by resizing them (they were too huge). I'm also finding categories as I go through them so am ready for your 275 challenge! :photo:

Thank you! I am so envious and totally inspired by your organization lol! Resizing is a great strategy to save space and I absolutely love your categories idea. Most of my photo organization is by month/year and when I remember, occasion, but I really need to try creating categories. This project has really highlighted how much more time I use to actually find photos (way more time than the time I need to scrap them lol). You have to let us know how your organization is going. I'm always looking for organization tips that work! Good luck!! :)

scrap-genie

We're watching a nest cam of Great Horned Owls, so thinking a lot about owls. With our slides scanned, it was fairly easy to find 25 photos, but some are old enough to be faded or discolored, but it is so nice to put this all together.