Oscraps

**WINNERS ANNOUNCED** Five Days - Five Layouts Challenge @ Joanne Brisebois Designs!!

joannebrisebois

Designer
Five Days - Five Layouts Challenge @ Joanne Brisebois Designs

image.php

Let's get busy doing something that brings us joy - scrapping!

The Challenge

For five days this week (Monday through Friday) I will be posting a brand new theme each day to get us all scrapping on the daily! Your challenge is to use one, some or all of these themes to create five pages that celebrate the photos & stories that inspire you!

Feel free to create a card, layout, series of layouts, album or any other project with any of the posted themes. Use the Layered Quick Page Templates - Freebie (link below) or any other products from my shoppe, then post your masterpiece(s) to my gallery >>here<< by midnight EST on Sunday, April 12th.

The Freebie

I've created this little freebie to help get you started on this challenge - (Freebie has expired)

image.php

Please note, this Quick Page is only available as a .PSD file and requires a program that supports .PSD files.

New Products

If you like the freebie, you'll adore these three coordinating packs of Layered Quick Page Templates - on sale in my shoppe for 30% off for this challenge:

The Prizes

I'm also giving away THREE $5 coupons to my shoppe to three lucky participants in a random draw at the end of this challenge! Everyone who submits a layout will be entered into the draw. Feel free to submit as many projects or layouts as you like. The more layouts you post, the greater your chances will be to win a $5 coupon!

Don’t forget to come back to this thread to post a link to your creation so that we can leave you some love!

Today's Theme (this section will be updated daily)

Monday April 6 - Comfort Food - Get inspired by food! Maybe it's a recipe you are learning or have mastered, your favorite dish from your childhood or now, restaurant or take-out food you have enjoyed, seasonal/holiday treats, home baked goodies, a craving you have at this moment, or even what's on the menu for tonight!

Tuesday April 7 - Furry/Feathered/Leathered Friends - Let's celebrate the animals - tame or wild - who have made our lives just that much more interesting! Some ideas - pets (past or present), animals from an adventure, outing, farm, conservation area, park or zoo, animals you photograph as a hobby, a stuffed animal that brings you comfort!

Wednesday April 8 - Adventure - Show off any adventure that you enjoyed this past year - a visit to a local event or attraction, a day trip to the beach, a visit to a small town or big city (near or far), a globetrotting adventure, a road trip!

Thursday April 9 - Binge This - What are you watching (TV, Youtube, Netflix, dvd, webcam etc.) and/or what are you reading and/or what are you doing a whole lot of recently to help keep yourself busy and/or entertained!

Friday April 10 - Wise Words - Scrap words that have inspired or comforted you now or in the past - a quote from a novel, movie or person (famous, fictional or someone you know), a poem, a passage from a book or story, a saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

joannebrisebois

Designer
My layout for Monday's "Comfort Food" Challenge. :)

This is a recipe for baked bread that I first tried out sometime this past January. I've spent months adjusting the baking times to get it to work with my temperamental stove lol. We've always enjoyed picking up fresh baguettes from a local bakery, but since it is not possible now this little loaf has become a comfort food in my house.

felis

Ughhh, I'm in such a bad mood, had no plans to scrap this week (or two)! But, Joanne, you knows how much I love your Challenges, so I have to do it. I'm coming with text and photo that are actually from our Daily Oooo's Chatter, but I think it's turned great with your kit.

Hehe, and this is the second recipe by Jean scraped today. LOL

joannebrisebois

Designer
Ughhh, I'm in such a bad mood, had no plans to scrap this week (or two)! But, Joanne, you knows how much I love your Challenges, so I have to do it. I'm coming with text and photo that are actually from our Daily Oooo's Chatter, but I think it's turned great with your kit.

Hehe, and this is the second recipe by Jean scraped today. LOL

I know exactly what that bad mood feels like, so I am so grateful and happy to see you and your gorgeous page here in this thread. I adore how this is a diary entry!! How awesome that you made Jean's Apple Bread!! I LOVE THAT!!

ETA: I would love to get a copy of this recipe! Please send me the link or copy!! xox

joannebrisebois

Designer
Today's Challenge is up!

Furry/Feathered/Leathered Friends Let's celebrate the animals - tame or wild - who have made our lives just that much more interesting! Some ideas - pets (past or present), animals from an adventure, outing, farm, conservation area, park or zoo, animals you photograph as a hobby, a stuffed animal that brings you comfort!

joannebrisebois

Designer
I had been meaning to take a photo like this forever, and well, there was no time like all the time I now have in the present! This is our sweet kitty who is so thrilled to have all of us home. She's also a very active homeschool classmate lol! I had a little fun with her photos and my kids thought it was hilarious!

zlemon

Christy
Yay, another fun challenge from Joanne. Thanks for hosting and for the freebie.

I'll admit it: I AM a cookie monster. They're my main comfort food. Give me a bunch of cookies, a bag of chips and a good Netflix series—and I'm in heaven.

felis

The most obvious decision would be to scrap a cat page, but I chose other direction :) . I wanted to continue my yesterday idea about the diary and the Daily Oooo's Chatter.

So my entry for today is this diary page:

And I actually cheat a little bit, as I made double page, but the other side is for the monthly challenge. Hope it's OK!

Here is how the whole project looks like.

Attachments

• d2pile.jpg
    d2pile.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 77

scrap-genie

I have gone with the expected and done a bird page. The birds visiting our yard are always a pleasure, but these days even more so.

joannebrisebois

Designer
Yay, another fun challenge from Joanne. Thanks for hosting and for the freebie.

I'll admit it: I AM a cookie monster. They're my main comfort food. Give me a bunch of cookies, a bag of chips and a good Netflix series—and I'm in heaven.

lol!! I LOVE THIS!!! Adding Cookie Monster was a brilliant addition lol! Cookies are definitely comfort food for me too!

joannebrisebois

Designer
The most obvious decision would be to scrap a cat page, but I chose other direction :) . I wanted to continue my yesterday idea about the diary and the Daily Oooo's Chatter.

So my entry for today is this diary page:

And I actually cheat a little bit, as I made double page, but the other side is for the monthly challenge. Hope it's OK!

Here is how the whole project looks like.

This is so inspiring - I ADORE your approach to this page and the entire project!

joannebrisebois

Designer
Today's Challenge has arrived!

Wednesday April 8 - Adventure - Show off any adventure that you enjoyed this past year - a visit to a local event or attraction, a day trip to the beach, a visit to a small town or big city (near or far), a globetrotting adventure, a road trip!

joannebrisebois

Designer
My layout for day #3 - Adventure
smile.gif

This is a photo from a short trip we took to Madeira in early January. It's the first one I've scrapped from this trip, a little bitter-sweet, but I'm very grateful for that day even more so now.