Oscraps

Windows 11 ???

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Now this is why I am a Mac girl LOL. Hubby is dealing with Windows updates too, he is not very good with computers so I just turned off auto updates for his PC. Hope that ends the problems for a while!
I'm toing to BE a Mac girl soon. I'm not sure that turning off the "automatic updates" will work. 11 is relentless - I tried that and it would just "freeze up my computer" - I had to go in and change all of the settings.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
I'm toing to BE a Mac girl soon. I'm not sure that turning off the "automatic updates" will work. 11 is relentless - I tried that and it would just "freeze up my computer" - I had to go in and change all of the settings.
I wish I could have waited and saved, 'cause I'd be a Mac girl now too. ;) But, there was no waiting around with my old dying computer. I finally was able to create a layout, after four days of problems. I managed to get my PS working again late yesterday, after days and hours of questions, reading, and searching. Windows 11 is like being on a different planet! I've used both PS and Windows for over twenty years and never have had this much trouble. Thanks to everyone for the encouragment and help. You kept me going when I was ready to give up and throw my new computer off my balcony!! :rolleyes:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I wish I could have waited and saved, 'cause I'd be a Mac girl now too. ;) But, there was no waiting around with my old dying computer. I finally was able to create a layout, after four days of problems. I managed to get my PS working again late yesterday, after days and hours of questions, reading, and searching. Windows 11 is like being on a different planet! I've used both PS and Windows for over twenty years and never have had this much trouble. Thanks to everyone for the encouragment and help. You kept me going when I was ready to give up and throw my new computer off my balcony!! :rolleyes:
Betty Jo - a LONG time ago, a very wise person told me "It seemed like the right thing to do at the time". I've tried to live by that ever since. You did what you had to do at the time!!! PLEASE don't beat yourself up!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Kythe

CHEERY O
I am coping this thread for hubby who is in the process of compiling a new computer for me. The workings he wants comes with Windows 11 which does not support PSE21. I have to now get PSE22
I don't like the idea of not being able to see what is in the folders. Surely when you open the folder you can see the graphic not just it's title. Please tell me I have understood incorrectly.
I am prepared for a big learning curve.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
I am coping this thread for hubby who is in the process of compiling a new computer for me. The workings he wants comes with Windows 11 which does not support PSE21. I have to now get PSE22
I don't like the idea of not being able to see what is in the folders. Surely when you open the folder you can see the graphic not just it's title. Please tell me I have understood incorrectly.
I am prepared for a big learning curve.
I'm struggling still with Windows 11, Kythe. I honestly hate it. When you download a folder, say a folder from one of our designers, and unzip you see nothing but a blank folder with title below. You have to open the folder in order to see any of the graphics inside. I'm managing, but I now have to rely on the names of folders, not on graphics. It's a real pain in the you-know-where. I haven't tried the work-around I've found yet, as my son hasn't had the time to look it over for me. If I do download it, and it works, and I can then see the pictures on the folders, I'll be sure to report back here about it.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm struggling still with Windows 11, Kythe. I honestly hate it. When you download a folder, say a folder from one of our designers, and unzip you see nothing but a blank folder with title below. You have to open the folder in order to see any of the graphics inside. I'm managing, but I now have to rely on the names of folders, not on graphics. It's a real pain in the you-know-where. I haven't tried the work-around I've found yet, as my son hasn't had the time to look it over for me. If I do download it, and it works, and I can then see the pictures on the folders, I'll be sure to report back here about it.
Awwwww, Betty Jo, sorry your son hasn't had time to look at your computer. I absolutely HATE 11. I haven't had any problem since I sent into DOS and stopped my computer from automatically downloading it. I know you can't do that, though. :( My computer has updated a few times, but NOT 11! So it worked!

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Awwwww, Betty Jo, sorry your son hasn't had time to look at your computer. I absolutely HATE 11. I haven't had any problem since I sent into DOS and stopped my computer from automatically downloading it. I know you can't do that, though. :( My computer has updated a few times, but NOT 11! So it worked!
So glad it worked, Cheryl, and you didn't have to update. I might as well get used to 11, and it's definitely going to take a while. I finally got PS working properly again, so at least it's only Windows I'm having to deal with now. Onwards and upwards! :)

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
So glad it worked, Cheryl, and you didn't have to update. I might as well get used to 11, and it's definitely going to take a while. I finally got PS working properly again, so at least it's only Windows I'm having to deal with now. Onwards and upwards! :)
At least you got PS working!!! I could not stand that "file thing"!!

Kythe

CHEERY O
When we did a search of Windows 11 it said that there were no problems with PSE.
We found a video on how to make the thumbnails show up in Win 11. I won't have my new computer for about 3 weeks while it is being specifically made for me. (As of last Oct. windows 11 is no longer BETA.)
Hope this helps.

How to Fix Thumbnails not showing on Windows 11? - YouTube
How to Fix Thumbnails not showing on Windows 11?
How to fix thumbnails not showing on Windows 11? Is your Windows 11 not showing thumbnails of images in the file explorer? In this video, you will see how to fix thumbnails not showing on Windows 11. The video contains the following points- 0:00 Intro 0:13 Restart Windows Explorer 0:42 Check if Thumbnails are disabled 1:15 Reset Thumbnail Cache ...
www.youtube.com

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
When we did a search of Windows 11 it said that there were no problems with PSE.
We found a video on how to make the thumbnails show up in Win 11. I won't have my new computer for about 3 weeks while it is being specifically made for me. (As of last Oct. windows 11 is no longer BETA.)
Hope this helps.

How to Fix Thumbnails not showing on Windows 11? - YouTube
How to Fix Thumbnails not showing on Windows 11?
How to fix thumbnails not showing on Windows 11? Is your Windows 11 not showing thumbnails of images in the file explorer? In this video, you will see how to fix thumbnails not showing on Windows 11. The video contains the following points- 0:00 Intro 0:13 Restart Windows Explorer 0:42 Check if Thumbnails are disabled 1:15 Reset Thumbnail Cache ...
www.youtube.com
That's good news about PSE. I have no problem with thumbnails showing within folders in Windows 11. But the outside of the folders are blank, no thumbnails or peek of what is in the folder. I found this on one of the Windows help groups: Windows 11 does not support showing thumbnails on folders, like previous versions of Windows. I took a screenshot of some of Anna's folders in my Windows 11. They are blank, no thumbnails or "folder" icons showing, or any way to see at a glance what is inside the folders, only the name. You have to open the folders to see the contents. When it comes to the thousands of photos I have, it's just extremely frustrating trying to find a particular photo, as many of them I have only the year and numbers on the main folders.
Windows11Folders.jpg

Last edited:

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
This guy said in Feb on You Tube that the folder icons are coming back in a future update!! I can't imagine why they took them away to begin with.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Oh I see what you are saying. That won’t be too much of a problem for me as the first file in each designer’s main folder is one that has all the designer’s previews and date. All I do is look inside the preview folder, look at the previews for each kit I have. Then note the date and name of the kit and go to the main folder to find file with the date and title for the kit. I do admit though I do like a wee peek inside the file.
It is nice to know that at some point they will return. So until then I guess keeping an eye on updates will be needed.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Oh I see what you are saying. That won’t be too much of a problem for me as the first file in each designer’s main folder is one that has all the designer’s previews and date. All I do is look inside the preview folder, look at the previews for each kit I have. Then note the date and name of the kit and go to the main folder to find file with the date and title for the kit. I do admit though I do like a wee peek inside the file.
It is nice to know that at some point they will return. So until then I guess keeping an eye on updates will be needed.
Kythe, I could hug you. That is such a good idea, about the preview folder, and I think I'll adopt that idea right away. It will help until an update happens, if it actually ever does. If not, then I'll use your method. Thank you soooo much!! #kiss