Oscraps

White Christmas is leaving Netflix!! :(

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I am watching it right now...it won't be available after Dec. 31st. If it is one of your favorites like it is for me, just wanted to warn you....I had put off watching Christmas movies (except for Elf) until after we got our tree up. My girls got it up just in time on Christmas Eve for the celebration on Christmas night :beatingheart: Catching up on my holiday cheer now...planning to leave the tree up through January :giggle4: :elf1:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I am watching it right now...it won't be available after Dec. 31st. If it is one of your favorites like it is for me, just wanted to warn you....I had put off watching Christmas movies (except for Elf) until after we got our tree up. My girls got it up just in time on Christmas Eve for the celebration on Christmas night :beatingheart: Catching up on my holiday cheer now...planning to leave the tree up through January :giggle4: :elf1:
Why do they do that? I haven't watched it this year so maybe I better try to catch it. I didn't put my tree up this year, but when I do, I never take mine down until after New Years.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
White Christmas is one of my favourite Christmas Movies also @joyfulheartdesigns , I do own the Blu Ray disc of it, so I can watch it whenever I like. We leave our tree up until after the New Year too!
That's so smart, Trudy. I just listened to a podcast recently and they said that because we have no control over streaming, we need a "hard copy" of music and movies. I have my original CD's of the music I love. They're all available on the music streaming stations, but it's nice to know I have them if I ever need them.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I don't have Netflix so I didn't get a chance to watch White Christmas, but my daughter had heard me talking about the song "Sisters" that Rosemary Clooney and Vera Allen performed so she told me she made it a point to watch it.

In a traditional/religious sense, the 12 Days of Christmas actually start on Christmas Day and end on January 5th. It aggravates me that society just turns off Christmas on the 25th. We have a local radio station that starts playing Christmas music at Halloween and ends it at 8 PM on Christmas day. It's all about marketing and getting people into the shopping mood. /ENDRANT

GraceJ

Thank you so much for letting me know @joyfulheartdesigns . I leave the Christmas tree up throughout the year, I only change the ornaments, for example during Easter, I include a rabbit and some stuffed chicks on the base, and eggs with ribbons instead of Christmas ornaments, the only thing that I take off are the lights, lol, but otherwise the artificial tree is up throughout the year.
Happy New Year my dear, and enjoy the movie(s)

GraceJ

(...)

In a traditional/religious sense, the 12 Days of Christmas actually start on Christmas Day and end on January 5th. It aggravates me that society just turns off Christmas on the 25th. We have a local radio station that starts playing Christmas music at Halloween and ends it at 8 PM on Christmas day. It's all about marketing and getting people into the shopping mood. /ENDRANT
I totally agree with you my dear, actually not all christians celebrate at the same time the Christmas, the Orthodox Christmas is celebrated on January 6-7. Once we were in Greece during this time celebrating New Year, and it was great to have the chance to celebrate once again Christmas, but a little bit different, I remember the children caroling while they were door to door collecting gifts or money, and I was told the adults were in some kind of fast avoiding to eat dairy, meat, fish and olive oil, as a ritual way to receive child Christ in their hearts, we followed all those children and adults to the church, and it was a different kind of service but pretty emotive, with incense and songs, etc., right there we met a nice lady that asked us to her home, and her family shared their food with us, that by the way it was delicious.

Last edited:

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
@GraceJ You are very welcome!! :beatingheart: I have a few friends who leave their tree up all year and decorate for the various holidays, as well! Usually they just leave white lights on it, that way it is just a pretty accent during the non-holiday times :) I have white lights that I keep draped around my front porch all year...I turn them on at night if we are having guests over...it just creates a pretty glow...I love white lights :lovey3: I keep them up in my office and use them at night for my lighting :heartpumppink: Your trip to Greece sounds like it was amazing!!! That is awesome that you got to experience that! :hug2:

@AZK I am sorry you didn't get to watch it!! I love the "Sisters" song, too!! It is hilarious when Bing and Danny perform it :giggle4:

@taxed4ever @Cherylndesigns I should buy the blu-ray!! I have been wanting to get a hard copy of Meet Me in St. Louis, too!

Reactions: AZK

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I totally agree with you my dear, actually not all christians celebrate at the same time the Christmas, the Orthodox Christmas is celebrated on January 6-7. Once we were in Greece during this time celebrating New Year, and it was great to have the chance to celebrate once again Christmas, but a little bit different, I remember the children caroling while they were door to door collecting gifts or money, and I was told the adults were in some kind of fast avoiding to eat dairy, meat, fish and olive oil, as a ritual way to receive child Christ in their hearts, we followed all those children and adults to the church, and it was a different kind of service but pretty emotive, with incense and songs, etc., right there we met a nice lady that asked us to her home, and her family shared their food with us, that by the way it was delicious.
That trip sounds fabulous! I had an uncle (by marriage) who was of the Orthodox faith. He lived in another state, so we never celebrated that Christmas with him but we were always aware of it.