Oscraps

What's on the menu for Christmas dinner

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I'm cooking a stuffed chicken, with baked pototoes, spinach with walnuts, lettuce with spring onion and tomato, a bell pepper stuffed with chickpeas, vegan minced meat and tomato, ginger and cheese and a vegan cucumber salad with shoarmeat, mint tomatoes and Greek yogurt on a flatbread. Before the main course a fruit cocktail and Chinese tomato soup and chicken soup, dessert is pudding and icecream with whipped cream.
We are going to bake our own bread this year for brunch.

It looks like a lot, but I start today and all the recipies are easy going.

What are you going to cook?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Christmas Eve dinner is always scallops and fish, spaghetti with garlic, and assorted side dishes. This tradition started when I first got married many years ago; my mother-in-law said it was a Catholic tradition in her Italian family. She passed away many years ago and I'm no longer married, lol, but we still get together for this meal.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Christmas Eve dinner is always scallops and fish, spaghetti with garlic, and assorted side dishes. This tradition started when I first got married many years ago; my mother-in-law said it was a Catholic tradition in her Italian family. She passed away many years ago and I'm no longer married, lol, but we still get together for this meal.
What a wonderful tradition. Sounds like a wonderful dinner. Enjoy!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We're going to Christmas evening dinner at our daughter's. She's having ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, a fancy salad and I'm not sure what else. Our GD Alyssa and GS Braden will probably be doing most of the cooking. They both love to cook and usually make some fancy stuff. Braden loves to make bacon wrapped asparagus and Alyssa should go to culinary school, she's that good. We never know what kind of goodies she'll come up with.

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
With the death of my MIL in 2022, we now do Italian dinner (old family recipe) of red gravy, pasta and fried eggplant on Christmas eve and the adults open a few presents presents. It's my family-hubby and our daughters, Son in law and grandson, and my husbands 3 siblings. On Christmas day we have breakfast at my daughters house and open grandsons presents, then they go over to my son in laws family for christmas dinner and we go on home and nap and watch football!!