Oscraps

What lines are you excited about in January 2023?

LSlycord

My end of the year gift in my genealogy research is that I believe that I may have found an ancestor born in another country! LOL And I figured out who Grandma Boicourt was. When I was a girl in my early teens, we would go to my maternal grandma's house on Sunday afternoons. Mom and I would stay there while my dad and brother would go to my paternal grandma's house. About every 6 months or so, I'd say lets look at the pictures. That meant family pictures and so I heard stories. There were two pictures that we didn't know...either Grandma Boicourt or Grandma Comfort. Well, this week, I found the same picture from someone else on Ancestry.com and she was identified as MaryAnn Hamilton (who became MaryAnn Boicourt). Last night I found a lengthy obituary as well as an article about her 102nd birthday party on Newspapers.com. What a treasure!

Anyway, my 5xgreat grandfather was supposedly born in 1748 in Normandy, France and he came to the US before the birth of my 4x great-grandfather. I have documentation that supports through my 3x great-grandfather and I am confident that I will be able to find the documentation for my 4x great-grandfather.

Now about the guy from Normandy, that will probably take some work. But that is what I'm excited about in January.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
oH, wow! How exciting, Linda! And what great stories. Thanks for sharing them. New Year's eve I found a photo of my great grand uncle William Henry Winter and his bride Luella Ebersole posted on Family Search. I was so excited because I was right about the faces in another photo I have of my 2X greats with all their sons - the only one we have of them all together because George Winter had gone to Australia, then New Zealand and had come to the US for a visit. It's great to make the acquaintance of 2 more cousins!

I'm hoping my 2X great grandfather Wood will get a message to me about exactly where he was born and who is parents were. That would be just too cool!

LSlycord

oH, wow! How exciting, Linda! And what great stories. Thanks for sharing them. New Year's eve I found a photo of my great grand uncle William Henry Winter and his bride Luella Ebersole posted on Family Search. I was so excited because I was right about the faces in another photo I have of my 2X greats with all their sons - the only one we have of them all together because George Winter had gone to Australia, then New Zealand and had come to the US for a visit. It's great to make the acquaintance of 2 more cousins!

I'm hoping my 2X great grandfather Wood will get a message to me about exactly where he was born and who is parents were. That would be just too cool!
New Year's Eve was a good night all around!