Oscraps

What do you do with all the designs you've ever created?

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
What do you do with all the designs you've ever created?
I have always kept them until now, but I already have 3 external drives in use (and full !), and have decided to get rid of them now.
I normally can never throw anything away, but now I had to work hard to do it anyway.
I have kept the designs with family photos and other important designs with my photos.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
That's a great question! I still have room on my EHD, so for now it's not a problem, but I do sometimes look at some of the projects I did and think, why am I saving this?

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
That's a great question! I still have room on my EHD, so for now it's not a problem, but I do sometimes look at some of the projects I did and think, why am I saving this?
Yes that's what i am asking myself too, why am i saving them ?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I get a lot of my pages printed out for myself and for my family. I keep the 3600 x 3600 pages that I'm going to print on Flickr now. I'm a Pro Member and have unlimited access. I used to keep the pages that I was going to print on an EHD, but those are big files. My CT pages are also on Flickr, by CT for access if I need them. A couple of my CT's rerelease kits occasionally, so I need to be able to find them.

Edited to add: I also have quite a few 12x12 canvases made, too. I love looking at them on my walls and also give them as gifts.

Last edited:

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I have (almost) all my layouts ... and will keep them ...
I'm not in favor of reusing old EHD...they are slower and the risk of a crash is high ...

Kythe

CHEERY O
I keep all the family ones and archive them. They are on a separate hard drive.

As I have tons of CT art pages I sort them into the ones I really like on the basis of technique and just plain like. I ditch the rest.
Once that is done I sort them further into folders for each season and or holiday. Those I keep on my desktop under 'personalize' and display as a slide show. That way I have a rotating digital display that changes every 10 minutes.
I may at some point make a folder just for arty ones I like and add them to the rotation.

I always put the 12x12 size in with the designer's kit so I am reminded of what I have done with the kit. That way I always have a copy even if I trash the smaller ones I put in a gallery. I also keep a folder of the pages and thumbnail examples with the links in a folder for each month and year.
Once I stop CT work I will go through them and trash what I don't like. Until then, I have lots of room on my PC and external drives.

Robloz55

I just spent 5 hours today transferring 400+ GB worth of Scrapbook pages, bundles and kits from my HDD to my EHD.

It took 5 hours!! My PC is very old. As in 11 years old!! (Purchased in 2011 with Windows 7 - currently upgraded to Windows 10)

Fortunately I am in the process of purchasing new PC Parts so that my son can build me a new PC!! :D

Once my new PC is built, up & running, I plan to transfer the entire 400+ GB of Scrapbooking stuff, back to the new HDD which has 8 TB of Storage!!!

That should enable me to keep all my bundles, kits, elements and pages all in one place for the next 10 years at least!!

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I mostly scrap for albums so most of my pages will eventually be printed as photobooks (once I get to add names and places and replace some of the more generic photos with personal ones). I also use my pages as a screen saver on my laptop! I love it and my family love it too!

Kythe

CHEERY O
I mostly scrap for albums so most of my pages will eventually be printed as photobooks (once I get to add names and places and replace some of the more generic photos with personal ones). I also use my pages as a screen saver on my laptop! I love it and my family love it too!
Yup... me too. I keep a generic LO as a PSDorPNG .. switch out the stock photo for a personal one to add to any albums I make.
I have been using my creations as desktop slide show for years. I even have them separated into seasons so they are always on rotation. Some slide shows have more than 100 LO's in them.