Oscraps

What are your special family Christmas traditions?

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
We have people from all over the world and I thought it would be fun to hear some of your special family traditions. We might get some ideas we want to use with our family! :heartpumpred: Our family gets together on Christmas Eve. Our family Christmas has always been on Christmas Eve since I was a child. My mom was from Germany and this is the way she chose to do it. I am not sure if it is a German tradition or was the way she preferred to do it. About two years ago, my family decided to do charcuterie boards for our Christmas Eve celebration. One does a fruit board, one does a vegetable board, one does a meat and cheese board and one does a dessert board. For Christmas Day, it is just me and my husband. I make us a small ham and fixings for our meal. I would so much love to hear about your family traditions!!

*gina*

CHEERY O
As you wrote in Germany family Christmas is always on Christmas Eve. Since our daughters left the "nest" we don't celebrate Christmas any longer, but on Christmas Eve the potato salad must be.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We have dinner together on Christmas evening. When the kids and grandkids were little, they wanted to stay home on Christmas Day and play with their toys, so we started having our big family dinner that evening. We usually have ham, corn pudding, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes - pretty much what we have on Thanksgiving. That's what we all like though. That's a fun idea for everybody to bring things for charcuterie boards, Evelyn. Does each person bring their own boards? My DD has a huge charcuterie board that we love to sit around and talk and eat.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
As you wrote in Germany family Christmas is always on Christmas Eve. Since our daughters left the "nest" we don't celebrate Christmas any longer, but on Christmas Eve the potato salad must be.
Oh, Gina! I LOVE German potato salad! Es schmekt so gut!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
We have dinner together on Christmas evening. When the kids and grandkids were little, they wanted to stay home on Christmas Day and play with their toys, so we started having our big family dinner that evening. We usually have ham, corn pudding, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes - pretty much what we have on Thanksgiving. That's what we all like though. That's a fun idea for everybody to bring things for charcuterie boards, Evelyn. Does each person bring their own boards? My DD has a huge charcuterie board that we love to sit around and talk and eat.
Cheryl, that's wonderful that you can all get together on Christmas evening! Our kids and grands want to be home on Christmas morning as well so we get together on Christmas Eve. That has always been the night my family got together. Your meal sounds delicious! I love big meals but it got too much for me to cook for Thanksgiving and Christmas both. Therefore, we started the tradition of charcuterie boards. Everyone brings their own. Mine is really a very pretty Pioneer Woman floral cutting board. It was too pretty for me to start cutting and marring the surface so I decided it would make a perfect charcuterie board! :D