Oscraps

What are the favorite receipes of your kids?

schneeflocke

I'm always looking for new receipes to cook for my kids. So it would be great to share some ideas about what your kids love.

Today, we had Penne Alfredo, it's really easy and one of my childrens favorite

You cook the Penne
You mix it with Butter, Parmigiano and Ham (little Slices)
Then you mix with Wipped Cream.

This is it.

yvonnahenna

Ohh I LOVE to read about new receipes!

Fenna's favorite is:
Chicken with carrots, peas and corn, with 'boursin'sauce.
Slice the chicken into smal block or whatever, stir-fry them, put the carrots, peas and corn with it. When everything is ready I put 1 'bousin'cheese in it. Untill it is melted.
Serve it with rice.

She likes it a lot!
I don't know if you know what Boursin is? -> http://www.boursin.nl/producten/boursin-cuisine-knoflook-en-fijne-kruiden.html

Soco

This is a great idea Mirjam! I'm always looking for new ideas too and I'm definitely going to try your recipes, thank you!!! :)

My DD is still a little young (she's going to be 3 in February) so I keep simple for her. She loves "quesadillas" but style "sincronizadas", as we call them in Mexico. I think you can easily find wheat flour tortillas (if they exist in France, they exist everywhere! LOL). You heat up the tortilla until it's soft, you add some cheese slices (we use Gouda 'cause it has a soft flavor and it melts well) and ham. You wait until the cheese melts and it's ready! :) I serve it with some salad or small tomatoes (we call them cocktail tomatoes).

Easy and fast when you don't want or you can't spend a lot of time in the kitchen! :)

katg1006

Ohhh Quesadillas are one of our favorites too! :)

My son also loves something called Shephard's pie. Although I believe the true recipe is made with lamb we use beef with a little juice, carrots and peas. You top that with potatoes and sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top.

I have done this many different ways to increase the nutritional value :) Nick loves a pork one with sweet potatoes for a top :)

Can't wait to see what else everyone comes up with :) Great Thread Mirjam!

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
My son also loves something called Shephard's pie. Although I believe the true recipe is made with lamb we use beef with a little juice, carrots and peas. You top that with potatoes and sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top.

Little "factoid" for you Kat - made with minced / ground lamb it's called Shepherd's Pie. When made with minced / ground beef (which I prefer) it's called Cottage Pie!!!