Oscraps

Week 11 Project 365/52/Life

dwsewbiz

It's that time already! Hope everyone is able to keep up, with all the birthday activities, new releases, phew...need more time to SCRAP!

scrap-genie

Diane, I love your very colorful week. You'll see a little spring color creeping into mine, but look out for the Saturday photo!

dwsewbiz

Uh oh Jean, looks like you got snowed on again! Did I tell you all, I think I did, that it snowed while I was in NJ. Something like 6 inches, which I had to remove from the car and shovel off the driveway and walkways.

All my mom had was a small shovel, not really inappropriate for me since I am the size of a gnome. It was an adventure!

But, yes, I do see bits of spring, and great bird captures!

scrap-genie

A gnome, eh? No wonder you don't go off the reserve. :behindsofa:

Seriously, you showed us the snow but didn't tell about all the effort it cost you. I'm sure you were very happy to get back to your brightly colored world!

G

Guinevere

Oh my.... Heather! Five pages! But they are beautiful. Love your photo treatment. And that amount of snow....wow!

dwsewbiz

I've had a busy week (work, blech) so have not been in here much, but it is time to work on week 12!

Yes, Jean, I was SO happy to get back home...it is so beautiful here, temps have been in the 60s and 70s and everything is blooming!
This was not my P365 page, but I also took 7 photos for the birthday week and scrapped them in a slightly different way from my project 365 and really loved this format as well.
So half of this week was in NJ and the rest at home. I did manage to find beauty there! The snow melted away (6" gone in 2 days!) before we even left!

Heather I so love looking at your pages...they are so interesting and there are so many things going on!

Do you print as pages or put in books? Do you have previous years done this way?

Last edited by a moderator:

Heather Prins

aA Creative Team Member
Oh wow thanks Diane! i did PL last year using Becky Higgins style pages, this year Anna designed these gorgeous templates so I had to use them!!! I am putting all my pages into my regular yearly album right along with my other layouts (that's why i don't care if I have a double layout or 5 pages per week), then at the end of the year I will print the book with Blurb. I have to say though I am creating a lot less regular layouts than last year. I like this PL thing waaay more than i ever imagined!

dwsewbiz

Interesting that you are using Blurb...I have only done one 12x12 book with them, and I really like it, but it was a groupon or living social or something, so more cost effective.

I seem to get better prices on 12x12 books with Shutterfly.

I do use Blurb for my blog books, standard 8x10 format, which run like 300 pages :)

I know what you mean about less regular layouts...I find that too, although not sure why :)

G

Guinevere

Oh Marijke, what a beautiful page for this week! Love it!

Here is mine:
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=281988&title=week-11&cat=all

WEEK_112.jpg

TammyLiz

Well I am in complete agreement about loving this in comparison to the regular layouts, and I'm not sure why, either! Maybe one reason could be because I can really see the finished product as I go along with this, whereas my regular layouts are just single pages that I have never been able to pull together into a printable book.

I'm trying desperately to keep up, lol! I can only hope that I'll be able to catch up later as I'm about 4 weeks behind now. There is hope because this is an extremely busy time of year for me w/ putting the garden in and the school year wrapping up for my kids, and wanting to be outside all the time because I've missed the nice weather so much! Once the scorching heat of summer sets in I'll want to be inside more. ;)