Oscraps

Travel Plans

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I know it isn’t. It’s back to the huge sardine packed masses. But it was almost eerie to see it that way last summer.
I'm sure it was! I have to tell you this - I actually climbed on a plane very shortly after 9/11 and flew from Florida to Michigan to see my grandkids. My husband convinced me to go by telling me it was probably the safest time EVER to travel! We were all so traumatized and I really needed to hold them and my oldest DD.

Anyway, the plane (Spirit) was SO empty that the flight attendants had everybody come to the front of the plane and they actually entertained us all the way to Detroit Metro. I'll never forget that! They sang to us and their "entertainment" was actually telling us how brave we were to fly and thanking us for flying and trusting Spirit. Then, when I got off the plane - talk about eerie - Metro is HUGE and there was not ONE single shop open! There were armed military guards (with machine guns), with German Shepherds, walking up and down every walkway and the airport was deserted.

Just a little "walk down memory lane".

LSlycord

I'm sure it was! I have to tell you this - I actually climbed on a plane very shortly after 9/11 and flew from Florida to Michigan to see my grandkids. My husband convinced me to go by telling me it was probably the safest time EVER to travel! We were all so traumatized and I really needed to hold them and my oldest DD.

Anyway, the plane (Spirit) was SO empty that the flight attendants had everybody come to the front of the plane and they actually entertained us all the way to Detroit Metro. I'll never forget that! They sang to us and their "entertainment" was actually telling us how brave we were to fly and thanking us for flying and trusting Spirit. Then, when I got off the plane - talk about eerie - Metro is HUGE and there was not ONE single shop open! There were armed military guards (with machine guns), with German Shepherds, walking up and down every walkway and the airport was deserted.

I can’t imagine how strange that would have been. and I am so impressed that you were willing to get on a plane then. That was such a scary time.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu

This is a story that needs to be scrapped!

Danesa

Danesa
I hope to get away to the beach for a week, in July. Other than missing my grandson and my girls, missing the beach (since I moved from Florida 16 years ago) is a biggie for me. I have a friend with a condo on the beach & she is offering it to me, so that is a win..win! :) The only trips I've had in over a year is to my 93 yo dad's, to take care of issues with him. :) I can't wait to dig my toes in the white beach sand, bounce in the waves and take long sunrise walks!