Oscraps

Tis the season for gift giving

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
Name a gift you will never forget?

My gift was so unexpected and special made even more so because it came from someone I have never physically met. There was a group on FB that was one for the city I grew up in. I made friends with several people but one person and I just clicked. He and his wife live across the country but we remain close friends for close to 10 years now. One day I got a box delivered and it was a Nikon starter DSLR. They knew I loved photography since I was a child and didn't have a camera. That was the best gift that remains special to me today. I took photography classes after that and made more lasting friendships as a result. But more than the camera, was the incredible thoughtfulness and kindness from people I have never met in person.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
First thing that comes to mind is the gift I got last year. We have this Secret Santa thing at work, and we are supposed to buy a gift for someone worth about $5. From my Secret Santa I got a certificate that (s)he had sent $50 to Save The Children. I got so touched. It was worth so much more to me than if I had been given some small thing I really didn't need. Warmed my heart, and was so in line with my view of things in general & Christmas in particular.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I LOVE when the grandkids buy me presents in their Santa Shops at school. I used to work in them when my kids were in grade school and I KNOW that the gifts are very inexpensive and are bought in bulk, so the kids can bring a few dollars to school and "shop".

My grandson, Asher, got me a sugar skull keychain a few years ago because he knows I love sugar skulls. I still have it in my desk (the clasp is plastic, so I knew it would get broken with my keys on it) but I see it every time I open my lap drawer. He got me a mug that says "My Grandma is Incredible" a couple of years ago and it has a super hero cape on it. He was so proud of his "purchases".

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
First thing that comes to mind is the gift I got last year. We have this Secret Santa thing at work, and we are supposed to buy a gift for someone worth about $5. From my Secret Santa I got a certificate that (s)he had sent $50 to Save The Children. I got so touched. It was worth so much more to me than if I had been given some small thing I really didn't need. Warmed my heart, and was so in line with my view of things in general & Christmas in particular.
That is so lovely for sure. Recently I posted one of those FB fundraisers for my birthday and I know that feeling when friends pitched in. There is no better feeling than a charitable heart

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
I LOVE when the grandkids buy me presents in their Santa Shops at school. I used to work in them when my kids were in grade school and I KNOW that the gifts are very inexpensive and are bought in bulk, so the kids can bring a few dollars to school and "shop".

My grandson, Asher, got me a sugar skull keychain a few years ago because he knows I love sugar skulls. I still have it in my desk (the clasp is plastic, so I knew it would get broken with my keys on it) but I see it every time I open my lap drawer. He got me a mug that says "My Grandma is Incredible" a couple of years ago and it has a super hero cape on it. He was so proud of his "purchases".
this made me tear up. It give the children such a good feeling to be able to do this but that feeling of receiving such heartwarming gifts is even more special. I love sugar skulls too. nice to know we have that in common. Thank you for sharing this.