Oscraps

Tagging Elements in Bridge??

newbie2digi

I absolutely love this time of year and the goodies for digital scrapping have been "off the chart." What I learned this year with the 12 day challenges was that I had a lot more Christmas kits than I thought. Now mind you, I think I'm pretty organized but then I realized, maybe not to post on community forums. But that really is just backdrop for my question. I'm working on the Home 4 the Holidays kit and I'm tagging each file in Bridge. That way I can quickly find what I want in Photoshop CC with a keyword search. I'm in day 7 and I cannot tag the holly leaf by emeto designs (Oscraps-H4tH-LEAF-TWIG-emetodesigns-3.png). I'm not an expert, so I've never come across where a file would not allow me to add tag words. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Is there something else I can do? I just know if I don't add "holly" for searching, this element will be essentially lost in the ethernet. Yes, I can find it if I'm specifically looking in the kit, but I create by keywords and concepts.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
I was able to tag that element, but then eventually got that same error message — but I didn't get that message with other elements. I opened that element in Photoshop (or you can use PSE) and then saved it as a PNG with a new name. When I imported the new one into LR, I didn't get that error message again. So, perhaps something about that one file got corrupted.

You can download the second file I created by clicking on this link - it will download immediately. I just added a "2" to the end of the filename. If this file works for you and you have the same problem with other files, you can do what I did — open the file in Photoshop or PSE and save it with a new name. Hopefully, though, that error was just a one-off.