Oscraps

supply organization

terryb

Just wondering what people are using to organize their digital supplies.

I've recently upgraded my operating system on my MAC and ACDSee is not working correctly. It is not showing the images.

I'm wondering how most people organize their supplies.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
After trying ACDSee and Adobe Bridge. After using multiple folder options, I've settled on the option that works best for me. It's very limited organization but it's worked so far.

When I unzip, I keep the product i bought together. So the contents of the kit or masks or whatever each has a folder. I name that folder Designer Name - Product Name. I also use the preview image as the folder image, so when I scroll through my digiscrapping folder, I can see an overview of what i have. I then make use of the tags feature in OS X to do some minimal tagging. I'll tag the folder as the type of element or the type of paper or the subject matter. I'll also tag seasons or holidays. Then I throw it all in a single folder.

Hope that makes sense. I'll be glad to answer questions.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I tried doing the whole tagging thing and never could keep up with it. I use the folder preview too and just look for what I want.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I don't tag anything,
I keep my stuff together per designer.
I use explorer to go through it, when I need a specific element I search for *paper, *frame etc.
Sometimes I even search in the Oscraps store!