Oscraps

Special 100th Edition of the AnnaColor Challenge! 10.13.2018-11.02.2018

Adryane

aA Creative Team Member
Hello and welcome to our special 100th edition of the AnnaColor Challenge!

This is going to be a three-part challenge that takes place over a three-week period. I will post all the information you need in this thread. So be sure to check back each week for the next part of the challenge.

The challenge will take place from 10.13.2018 - 11.02.2018.

There will be random drawings for $5 GiftKards all three weeks of the challenge. We will also have a random drawing at the end of the challenge where three lucky people will receive a $10 GiftKard to Anna’s store. To be eligible for the $10 GiftKard drawing you must complete all three parts of the challenge by 11.02.2018 and post links to each of your pages in this thread.

You will have one post for all of your pages that looks like this:
Week 1: [link] The random winner of the first $5 GiftKard is Malou29!
Week 2: [link] The random winner of the second $5 GiftKard is dwsewbiz!
Week 3: [link] The random winner of the third $5 GiftKard is easyeyes4you!

I’m hoping that this approach will ensure that I don’t miss any of your pages.

We are looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!

WEEK 1 CHALLENGE RULES:

The first part of our challenge is a true AnnaColor Challenge using the black, red, and white colors found in Anna's distinctive logo.

Below, you will find a list of quotes. You must use one of the quotes on your page and you must use all of the challenge colors. The rest is up to you! You choose whether to include a photo or photos and what elements to incorporate in your design.

WEEK 1 QUOTES:

1. Oh, bird of my soul, fly away now, for I possess a hundred fortified towers. Rumi
2. One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters. George Herbert
3. When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred. Thomas Jefferson
4. If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. Mother Teresa
5. Let a hundred flowers bloom. Mao Zedong
6. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. A. A. Milne
7. Adversity is sometimes hard upon a man; but for one man who can stand prosperity, there are a hundred that will stand adversity. Elvis Presley
8. The more cats you have, the longer you live. If you have a hundred cats, you'll live 10 times longer than if you have 10. Someday this will be discovered, and people will have a thousand cats and live forever. It's truly ridiculous. Charles Bukowski
9. When the oak is felled the whole forest echoes with its fall, but a hundred acorns are sown in silence by an unnoticed breeze. Thomas Carlyl
10. You need to love yourself and be yourself one hundred percent before you can actually love someone else. Christina Perri
11. You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred. Woody Allen
12. A thought is often original, though you have uttered it a hundred times. Oliver Wendell Holmes
13. The most important thing - and I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it a hundred times - if you marry a man, marry the right one. Sheryl Sandberg
14. A laugh is worth a hundred groans in any market. Charles Lamb
15. One hundred years of solitude.
16. One's too many, and a hundred's not enough. Billy Wilder
17. Falling down doesn't matter, even if you do it a hundred times. All that matters is that you get up again. Rachel Hollis
18. I'm from a small town, a farm, a hundred acres. Krysten Ritter
19. A hundred eyes were fixed on her, and half as many hearts lost to her. Max Beerbohm
20. This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet. Rumi

Upload your page to Anna’s Gallery by Friday, October 19, 2018 (5pm EST) to be eligible for our first $5 GiftKard drawing and be sure to post a link to your page here.

Welcome to Week 2 of our special 100th edition of the color challenge!

This week, our challenge will focus on a memory.

When I was considering a topic for this challenge, I spent a little time looking at life 100 years ago. I discovered that, in 1918, Raggedy Ann, Lincoln Logs, tinker toys, electric trains, and erector sets were among the most popular toys. Willa Cather released My Antonia. Ernest Pool’s His Family became the first novel to receive a Pulitzer Prize. The United States Post Office launched the first airmail route between New York and Washington D. C. (although the inaugural flight didn’t go very well as the aviator got lost and crashed about 25 miles from the starting point). Woodrow Wilson was president. The average price of bread was 10 cents. A middle-class family earned about $1,500 per year. The Model T was the most popular automobile and a gallon of gas cost about 25 cents. Charlie Chaplin was the biggest movie star. Mary Pickford was “America’s Sweetheart” and Irving Berlin dominated the radio. Babe Ruth was playing ball for the Red Sox. The Arts and Crafts movement overtook Victorian décor. The Standard Time Act was passed creating federally mandated time zones, and modern conveniences included toasters and zippers.

What do you remember about an earlier time?

WEEK 2 CHALLENGE RULES: Create a page about a memory. Your page must include at least one photo and journaling that includes the words “I remember….” You must use at least 3 of the challenge colors on your page.

Some ideas for journaling include:

I remember when
I remember how
I remember the first time I
I remember the last time I
I remember saying
I remember thinking
I remember hearing
I remember playing with
I remember going to

If you didn't have time to do last week's challenge, don't worry! You have until the end of all three challenges to complete your pages to be eligible for the $10 GiftKard drawings.

Welcome to the final week of our special 100th edition of the color challenge!

Our final challenge will take us to the end of the rainbow.

Back in 2009, there was a photo taken by an amateur photographer showing what appeared to be the end of a rainbow falling on northbound 341, a toll road in Southern California. The news outlet that ran the image declared that the end of the rainbow had been found and “[t]here was no pot of gold.” I’m sure many were disheartened. This news outlet plainly didn’t know that the pot of gold would only reveal itself to true believers (and, for safety, could not be seen by the passing motorists).

Suppose you found the end of a rainbow. What would be waiting there for you?

WEEK 3 CHALLENGE RULES: Create a page around what would be waiting for you at the end of your rainbow. You must use at least 3 of the challenge colors on your page and, of course, all rainbows are welcome!

Here are some ideas to get you started. Maybe you would find...
Someone you haven't seen in a long time
Something you lost and never found
A ticket for a trip around the world or maybe just to one place you've always wanted to visit
The answer to a question that has haunted you
The solution to problem
A picnic with your favorite character from a novel or a movie

Remember this is the last week of the challenge! You have to have all your pages done and posted by November 2, 2018, to be eligible for one of the $10 GiftKards to Anna's store.

And now the grand prize winners for the special 100th edition of the color challenge ...

But first ... I want to thank Anna for all she does through her creative efforts and her generous support of this challenge; Linda who always says “yes” when I write to her and say, “Can you post the color challenge this week?”; Heather who works behind the scenes to make sure all those GiftKard codes are generated; and the rest of the team for their feedback in crafting this challenge and for all the inspiration pages they posted in the gallery over the last few weeks. And, of course, I want to thank all of the people who participate in these challenges. Without you, your creativity, and art there would be no color challenge. It’s truly a community effort. I am thankful for all of you!

The random winners of the $10 GiftKards are: isDK, Secima, and ouisiekelly!

Thank you for participating!
Anna and the Team

Last edited by a moderator:

Barbara Houston

Adversity_APPDocument_BarbaraHouston_600.jpg

For the 100th AnnaColor Challenge

hoodsmom

Guess Who!
Week 1:
As you can tell from my gallery, this has got to be one of my favorite color schemes. Congrats on the 100th edition :)

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/s...&title=bodnant-gardenanna-color-challenge-wk1
BodnantPreview.jpg

Week 2:
I'm using every available opportunity to work on my travel scrapbook. Was lucky to have a lot of photos in the right colors and pretty much just dropped them into one of Anna's old templates.
Journaling includes "I remember English food of two decades ago being rather like this English breakfast - not exactly good for you and not terribly interesting. What a difference tincture of time has made!"

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=402036&title=english-foodannacolor-challenge-wk-2
EnglishFoodPreview.jpg

Week 3:
This week's challenge helped with my journaling - thanks, Adryane :)
(and thanks for picking a color scheme that goes with England's "green and pleasant land," because so many of my England vacation pictures have green in them ;)

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=402511&title=clarityannacolorwk3
CricketPreview.jpg

femke272

Week 1:

Here is my page for the latest AnnaColorChallenge. A lot of nice quotes, but a real challenge for me!

100yearsofsolitude-web.jpg