Oscraps

Speaking of food in a jar.................

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Some of us have been talking about the "deserts in a jar" and I've been obsessed lately with another kind of food in a jar. I bought these cute jars at Walmart and make "overnight oats" in them.

41HT8MjrrgL._AC_.jpg

I put 1/2 C of rolled oats, 3/4 scoop of protein powder, (stir it until it's blended), some frozen fruit (defrosted) and fill the whole thing up with almond milk, (or your milk of choice), clamp on the lids and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, I "smoosh" it a bit to distribute the milk, and eat it cold. You could warm it, but I like it cold. I also buy marshmallow flavored protein powder, so that adds plenty of sweetness. It keeps me full for hours.

tanteva

Mistress of Mayhem

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Another wonderful use for Mason jars is to store your berries in them they stay fresh and lovely for way longer stored in jars in your fridge.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
You can use your milk of choice. I used to blend milk and peanut butter. Then I get the peanut butter flavor with out the lumpiness.
Sounds good. You can tweak it any way you want to. They're just easy to make the night before.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Sounds yummy, Eva.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Another wonderful use for Mason jars is to store your berries in them they stay fresh and lovely for way longer stored in jars in your fridge.
Great idea, Trudy. I LOVE mason jars for everything. You wouldn't believe how I use them around here.