Oscraps

so many questions!!

LaughingSun

so I have like a million questions lol.

1st off... do you guys print your pages and put them into albums, do you blog them, post 'em here? what happens to your pages?!

2nd... do any of you do 'traditional' (like crop papers & photos & put them in an album) scrapping?

3rd... do you attend or host scrapping workshops?

4th... I have a run of the mill generally ok camera, a Canon Powershot. it takes pretty good pictures (when I don't drop it lol) but can I be a serious digi scrapper with this camera?

I'm sure there are many more questions, but I'll start with these.

EHStudios

I lOve Me Some O!
hmm!

1. Planning on printing mine later, but right now I just post them in galleries online.
2. I paper scrapped for 10 years before finding digi last May, and haven't paper scrapped since.
3. Nope. (When I did paper I attended a couple scrap parties, but that was years ago.)
4. Definitely I think you can be a serious scrapper with that camera. Shoot a lot, and use software to help enhance them a little if you feel they need it & you are good to go.

And my favorite is a mixture of plain & patterned. I like papers that look more realistic.

pajhnubhlis

1. I haven't print any of mine out yet but I plan to as I have just bought a new printer. :) I share some of my layouts on my blog but the majority of them I just post to galleries.

2. Started digital scrapping in Sept 09. Have never done paper scrapping before.

3. Never attend nor host one before.

4. I don't know anything about camera but I believe you can be a serious digi scrapper with just about any camera.

5. I find myself using solid papers more than pattern papers.

TessieB

1. I print mine 8 x 8 on my printer at home with photo paper for my boys. I post them here and a few other sites and put them on my facebook page.

2. yes, I still like the feel of paper and adhesive and do calendars and cards for our family

3. an occasional workshop with a friend.

4. I have a Canon powershot too. I think it is about the subject and story more than the camera. It takes a little practice but its about the process not always about the end result.

5. I like primary colors, anything that screams boys, and a little grungy

LaurieW

lOve the O!
so I have like a million questions lol.

1st off... do you guys print your pages and put them into albums, do you blog them, post 'em here? I blog them, put them in the gallery here- sometimes make an album at shutterfly or artscow or post them on facebook for family and friends. I also do online backup so if computer goes wonky I still have the files. what happens to your pages?!

2nd... do any of you do 'traditional' (like crop papers & photos & put them in an album) scrapping? I do sometimes- I like to do things with my hands and not just the keyboard- less mess for me on the computer

3rd... do you attend or host scrapping workshops? I have not in a long time- but when I did they were fun as a paperscrapper

4th... I have a run of the mill generally ok camera, a Canon Powershot. it takes pretty good pictures (when I don't drop it lol) but can I be a serious digi scrapper with this camera? It really doesn't matter what camera you have. I had an entire shutterfly picture per page 8 by 8 book printed with photos taken with a point and shoot- that co-workers thought was a coffee table type book I was trying to pass off as my own. Great photos come from the eye of the photographer- photos for memories may be great or may be a photo that spurs the memory-

Question for you- what program are you using to digiscrap with?

LaughingSun

Question for you- what program are you using to digiscrap with?

I use the Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus. It's a great software, however it's limited in the way that I can't use any of the layouts from here although I've figured out how to import my Oscraps papers & embellishments so I can at least use them there lol.

I think I'll be getting Photoshop Elements. I'm trying to get the trial from Adobe and all I come up with is an error message lol.

MommySpice

1st: I haven't printed yet. I have good intentions though. ;) I've done everything else you mentioned - blog, post here (and other galleries), upload to Facebook...all that good stuff.

2nd: Again...good intentions...but I'm lazy. *lol* I *will* do some hybrid - someday.

3rd: Not yet, but I want to.

4th: Your PowerShot will be fine. Some people even scan in old heritage photos and scrap beautiful pages.

mrstoa

mrstoa
I just answered your other questions so briefly!
1. yes sometimes
2. cards only
3. no
4. yes

Get that trial download of Adobe Photoshop Elements! Check out your systems requirements perhaps that's the problem.....

dabittymama

I've printed a few differnt style books. For others, usually the grandparents, I do shutterfly books they are actaully bound into a hardback book. For my own keepsakes I use scrapbookpictures.com I print out 8x8 photos and put them in books. I really like scrapbookpictures, they have a $2 flat shipping rate and sales often to get 8x8's for .99 cents.

I personally don't have space to keep any trad. paper scrap stuff around anymore and I have three little ones that would make a mess of it so it has all been sold.

A point and shoot camera is great! I used a powershot for 4 years and still keep mine in my diaper bag. I did just get a Cannon SLR over the summer that I use most of the time but I don't bring it everywhere.

Good luck and welcome to the addiction :)

katg1006

1st off... I am trying to finish scrapping certain years and then print them in books.

2nd... I haven't done paper scrapping ages. I have used my scrapping supplies to make a couple little hybrid projects.

3rd... Not anymore.

4th... I actually think there are a couple people who use a powershot wth no problems. I definitely can't see a difference.

I've figured out how to import my Oscraps papers & embellishments so I can at least use them there lol.
Ohhhhh Contrband....hahahahahaha I remember my creative memories days :) Photoshop elements is a fabulous program to start with :)

LaughingSun

1st off... I am trying to finish scrapping certain years and then print them in books.

2nd... I haven't done paper scrapping ages. I have used my scrapping supplies to make a couple little hybrid projects.

3rd... Not anymore.

4th... I actually think there are a couple people who use a powershot wth no problems. I definitely can't see a difference.

Ohhhhh Contrband....hahahahahaha I remember my creative memories days :) Photoshop elements is a fabulous program to start with :)

ROFL!!! yeah, yeah, I know ;) I have a *million* paper projects started that I have to finish which is why I goto workshops... my only time to do it. I've been adding digi stuff here and there too. I did a fabulous title page on Wednesday... just before I found this forum lol so I won't post it because it doesn't use any Oscraps stuff. but you can bet yer booty that I'll be using a lot of OS stuff from now on! specially since I joined the 52 club :) :)

DH said he is going to get me Photoshop Elements :) Gotta work 4 or so hours to pay it of ROFL.

I'm hoping that PE isn't too hard & I get the hang of it quickly. part of why I like *insert brand X name here* is that I can basically just drag & drop photos into layouts. I've gotten better by changing background papers, etc... but I'm severely color & layout challenged ROFL.

Everybody here is so fantastic and the layouts are great. I'm totally lovin' it here!!!

danenan

1st off... do you guys print your pages and put them into albums, do you blog them, post 'em here? what happens to your pages?!

eeeehm, I plan to do the printing this year, I promissed myself LOL

2nd... do any of you do 'traditional' (like crop papers & photos & put them in an album) scrapping?

nope....

3rd... do you attend or host scrapping workshops?

nope... I do challenges here and am on a few CT's, I would love to take some digiclasses but then I would totally have to give up on cooking, cleaning and washing and that will get me in trouble :)

4th... I have a run of the mill generally ok camera, a Canon Powershot. it takes pretty good pictures (when I don't drop it lol) but can I be a serious digi scrapper with this camera?

sure why not? I have a Nikon D50, but I take most of my "daily" photos with my panasonic lumix, works great, never fails me :)