Oscraps

Show me your layouts...

jude_t

I'm looking for inspiration. I have a lot of photos from walks and days out. Walking is one of our major hobbies so I want to scrap the places we've been and the views we've seen. I tend to end up with either vertical or horizontal lines of photos and I need more ideas!

Thanks,

Jude

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I am a total template addict so if you have troube changing up your layouts I would try that. Hop on over to the gallery and use the search button to find some stuff and do some scraplifts.

jude_t

Thanks ladies - some awesome ideas there, that Amsterdam layout is amazing in particular!

I liked the grid idea, especially the way some of the photos are broken up. Might see if I can work something out with that...

I'm still noticing that there are a lot of layouts with just one or a few photos on. I'll take about 50 in a day in the mountains! Obviously, I wouldn't keep all of them, but there's no way I could cut it down to three or four for a day. Would you do more than one page for a day out? I would you ditch so many photos?

Thanks again for the ideas so far!

t_a_l_i

I would definitely do more than one page a day if you have a lot of great pics. You might even want to check out some of the 365 templates and kits that many designers are coming out with - those have places for tons of photos on each page. Sweet Genevieve here at Oscraps has some awesome 365 templates - I'm sure you could alter any of them for your photos!

jude_t

Sorry to keep quizzing here (I've asked this question at loads of sites and Oscraps has been by far the best place for inspiration!) - but I'm wondering ...

If you would do lots of pages for a day out, do you print out those pages? My original plan was to do one or two photobooks per year, but I'm looking at probably 150 pages per year (and that's scrapping pretty conservatively!)

Thanks again, everyone

t_a_l_i

I would print them. I did a 120 page photo book a few months ago through Inkubook and was really, really happy. :) I love being able to have a hard copy of my stuff to show people. :)

petey111

I was going to suggest Amanda's templates too. Especially, the Uncluttered Collage series. And, not to hock things off of the O, but Simply Sarah Designs has a lot of templates that hold mucho photos and they are freebies. I think she's put in more photos than just about anyone I've seen.

chramy

I was going to suggest Amanda's templates too. Especially, the Uncluttered Collage series. And, not to hock things off of the O, but Simply Sarah Designs has a lot of templates that hold mucho photos and they are freebies. I think she's put in more photos than just about anyone I've seen.

Sarah makes GREAT templates that make my pages look great with no effort. And if you've seen her pages done you'll know she has great talent AND is the best at journaling, her kids will love their memory books some day!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I just printed my layouts at Winkflash but haven't gotten them yet to see the quality. I'm all about printing them though. They don't do me a lot of good just sitting on the computer. I can only look at my own stuff so many times. I do put them on my blag and facebook, not to mention galleries but my family doesn't take the time to check that out nearly as much, ya know? Winkflash has a sale right now if you have enough to print yet. Up to 100 pages for a flat rate. I have a post in the forums HERE