Oscraps

Seriously, Affinity?????

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I just can't believe it... Affinity has just released their latest update - with scissor tool I've been hoping to get for ages... but it's not included in the current version - meaning I need to BUY the software 2.0... and there is no existing users' discount... just ranting here...

Veronika

Yes, that makes me really angry too, especially since it initially looked like you can always top up.
It's such a great alternative to Photoshop- but buy a new one now? and will it continue like this, because you have to keep buying new ones?
No! I am very disappointed!

ClaireG

CHEERY O
I use photoshop elements.. and I dislike the constant releases. I am using 2021 and I am considering upgrading next year when the 2023 comes out. I feel your rant and I'm here for it!

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
I use photoshop elements.. and I dislike the constant releases. I am using 2021 and I am considering upgrading next year when the 2023 comes out. I feel your rant and I'm here for it!
2023 is already out — but not worth the update.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Ah thanks Vicki. Do you think that is true if I am still on 2021?
Yep. I’m using 2022 and it wasn’t a very big update either — altho they added the warp tool. If you decide to update, wait until you see it on sale. You can usually get it for about $65.

zanthia

CHEERY O
wonder if affinity will work for me now - last version i could not even install because i dont use default font sizes on my pc .

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Yes, that makes me really angry too, especially since it initially looked like you can always top up.
It's such a great alternative to Photoshop- but buy a new one now? and will it continue like this, because you have to keep buying new ones?
No! I am very disappointed!
I know, right??? I'm so peeved! Back in July I treated myself to Affinity Photo (I've had Affinity Designer for a few years now). Had I known... grrr... in addition, I ended up having to buy a new computer three weeks ago and, although I have an iPhone and iPad, decided against Mac because I own a PC version of Affinity and didn't want to fork out on a second licence... And now that did this??????????

Kythe

CHEERY O
Yep. I’m using 2022 and it wasn’t a very big update either — altho they added the warp tool. If you decide to update, wait until you see it on sale. You can usually get it for about $65.
I am using PSE22 and find it not worth the update. The Artistic effects don't work for me. I have been on the Adobe community site and many users are having the same issue. If I want AI effects I go to Deep Dream Generator.