Oscraps

September Art Journaling Week 2 {FOCUS}

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Welcome to Week 2 of our September Challenges. Our word prompt for September is Focus. What a great word - I've been an avid photographer for so many years and I remember when we had to focus our cameras - it wasn't automatic. That was back in the Dark Ages before digital - and what a joy when we turned that ring, and the subject came into focus.

I've put together a mood board of some of the quotes/phrases and photos of the word focus that I particularly like. I hope they bring you some inspiration.

sept-aj-challenge-week-2-mood-board.jpg

Okay, I know I said (for Week 1) I was going to take a different approach, but I did qualify it as "for this week, at least". That's the beauty of Art Journaling - we can change our minds. Last week, I departed, somewhat, from doing my "Grief Journaling" but this week, my muse took me back a bit. So, you'll have to humor me again this week, as I got a tad emotional. You could look at it as a kind of "acceptance". I'm starting, after seven months, to accept the fact that Chuck isn't coming back, at least not physically. This week,I found myself saying goodbye to him. I was running along the beach trying to keep him from leaving, but in my heart, I knew he was gone. Here's my layout and I shed a few tears when I was creating it, so I hope it doesn't make you all too sad. I was led to use the word focus as in "Focus on moving forward".

You can choose to do a single page/or other project each week or do a divided template - one part for each week. If you don't have the Divided Template and would like to have it, you can get it here at Dropbox. Thank you to Ona @wombat146 for providing the template choices for us! If you do the template, we would love it if you would post it incrementally. Post one done in the first week, post an image of the two together on the second, and three on the third, and then the finished page on the fourth week.
Again - the template is NEVER a requirement to use, just something fun and different if you want to use it.
Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing.
I can't wait to see what you have to share about the prompt FOCUS

Challenge Rules:

You have until 11:59 p.m. CST on SEPTEMBER 30 to complete your pages for this challenge.

1. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  2. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  3. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  4. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)

Attachments

• september-aj-ch-week-2.jpg
    september-aj-ch-week-2.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

AK_Tracy

Oh my gosh Cheryl!!!!! :crying1: I didn't see this before the layout. WOW! I would say your message came through loud and clear to me. Your words here did make me misty eyed. I love this LO and all it means. Acceptance is hard and youre doing a wonderful job showing and sharing your grief. I feel so honored to be here and share with you. Wrapping you in the biggest virtual hug I can.!!!
:hug4::hug2::hug4:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh my gosh Cheryl!!!!! :crying1: I didn't see this before the layout. WOW! I would say your message came through loud and clear to me. Your words here did make me misty eyed. I love this LO and all it means. Acceptance is hard and youre doing a wonderful job showing and sharing your grief. I feel so honored to be here and share with you. Wrapping you in the biggest virtual hug I can.!!!
:hug4::hug2::hug4:
You just gave me the biggest cyber hug and I literally felt it, Tracy. Thank you for all of your love and support along the way. It's been seven months now and I'm feeling a lot stronger (most days, anyway). I can't even begin to tell you how much you and all of the others have helped me in my grief journey. Thank you SO much, :hug3::hug4::heartpumpred::heartpumpred::heartpumpred:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I have NO idea why but focus isn't my AJ word. I am having so much trouble focusing on what I want. Its so weird. Maybe I just need to open PSE and see what happens like last time.
Yes, just start "playing around", Tracy. That's what I have to do very often. I know you can come up with something awesome.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Okay! I got it!!! Just needed to open PSE and look at last weeks. Then it hit me, keep the theme, focus and health.

YES!!! Just open PSE and start playing - OMGosh, I love this, Tracy and I'm so happy that you got your muse for this week!!!

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

A-M

For this week I have used a quote from the ones Cheryl shared as I felt it fit with me being anxious to finish all my volunteer work next year so I can stay home more often which is why I used a paper that has a house on it by Joyful Hearts Designs - Finding My Happy Place