Oscraps

PSE taking chunks out of images when saving

Amandajk

I'm having this weird issue again ( it comes and goes) in PSE15. I extract an image, and go to save it but chunks ( squares mostly) are randomly removed from the image, making it unusable. I tried closing program, and rebooting laptop. Then attempted a new extraction- same results. Anyone else have this happen?

Attachments

• girl.jpg
    girl.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 2

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I haven't had that problem, Amanda. That's not good at all! Have you tried just restarting PSE. Sometimes, that helps if I'm having an issue.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I had a similar problem in PSE15. Turns out I had to simplify the images.
That might work, Kay. SO many oddities, aren't there??? I'm having a strange problem right now - I can't "search" for things in my kits. I looked it up online and it said to restart PS or PSE and I did and it started working again. It's been intermittent, but it sure hampers me when I can't do a search of all my files.

Amandajk

ADobe Help Forum gave a solution: reset all tools in preferences. It worked. But what I don't understand is why it works fine for a long time and then this again. Frustrating. I had done four good extractions, saved them then added them to a document ( yes, each were already simplified). Saved the document and it looked normal. But as you can see, they were not. Now today I did new ones after resetting tools, and the new ones are fine. Go figure. Glad I am getting CC in July!!