Oscraps

Podcast Recommendations?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
So, I am finally jumping on the podcast wagon. In the past, when I had a 35-40 minute commute to work 4-5 days a week, my choice was to listen to audiobooks in the car. In the last few years I had a 5-minute commute which didn't lend itself well to a book, and now that I work from home, I'm not in the car long enough more than once a week or so, to make listening to a book worthwhile. I found a couple of veterinary podcasts that have episodes about 30 minutes long, which is the perfect length, but I don't always want to listen to work-related topics, lol.

Since I don't really know what else is out there, what do you listen to if you're a podcast person?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am a podcast person. I listen to podcasts all of the time. Unfortunately, I have weird taste. I am probably the last person you want recommendations from.

I listen to some news/politics especially focused on law and the Supreme Court. I also listen to a bunch of historical ones. Last week I finished three-part series on the "Myths of Stalin" which discussed how he created his persona after pushing other Leninists/Trosky out of power. Today I finished one called "How Did Hitler Seize Supreme Power." Light listening. ;)
There is a funny one-- History Hacks-- that actually does have some lighthearted takes on historical events and tragedies. I enjoyed the Titanic conspiracy theory one.

There was one that I really enjoyed Edith! Part history and part campy, really funny.

Reactions: AZK

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I've been an Adam Corolla fan since he had his remodeling show on TV years ago. He has a great podcast. He and his crew would be in these gigatic houses in California and instead of calling "Marco...............Polo" they would call "Adam..............Corolla" - my youngest dd and I still call that to each other when we get separated in stores. :floorlaugh:

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I am a podcast person. I listen to podcasts all of the time. Unfortunately, I have weird taste. I am probably the last person you want recommendations from.

I listen to some news/politics especially focused on law and the Supreme Court. I also listen to a bunch of historical ones. Last week I finished three-part series on the "Myths of Stalin" which discussed how he created his persona after pushing other Leninists/Trosky out of power. Today I finished one called "How Did Hitler Seize Supreme Power." Light listening. ;)
There is a funny one-- History Hacks-- that actually does have some lighthearted takes on historical events and tragedies. I enjoyed the Titanic conspiracy theory one.

There was one that I really enjoyed Edith! Part history and part campy, really funny.
I definitely am looking for entertainment, so the serious political ones would not be my style. The History Hacks and Edith ones look interesting, though!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I've been an Adam Corolla fan since he had his remodeling show on TV years ago. He has a great podcast. He and his crew would be in these gigatic houses in California and instead of calling "Marco...............Polo" they would call "Adam..............Corolla" - my youngest dd and I still call that to each other when we get separated in stores. :floorlaugh:
I'll have to check that one out! I first heard of Adam Corolla when he and Jimmy Kimmel had The Man Show on TV. I've lost track of him since then. Thanks!

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Most of mine are politics along with a tech news show. But your might be interested in Strangerville, a storytelling podcast with Eli McCann and Meg Walters. It's a weekly podcast that I like. I'm about to start World's Greatest Con with Brian Brushwood (season 3 just wrapped up) and I think it might be right up your alley. I haven't listed to it yet but I have confidence in the people behind it.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'll have to check that one out! I first heard of Adam Corolla when he and Jimmy Kimmel had The Man Show on TV. I've lost track of him since then. Thanks!
Oh, I'd forgotten about The Man Show, Angie. I think Adam Corolla is hysterical. He's one of those people who doesn't even try to be funny and is.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Most of mine are politics along with a tech news show. But your might be interested in Strangerville, a storytelling podcast with Eli McCann and Meg Walters. It's a weekly podcast that I like. I'm about to start World's Greatest Con with Brian Brushwood (season 3 just wrapped up) and I think it might be right up your alley. I haven't listed to it yet but I have confidence in the people behind it.
Most of the ones I listen to are political, too. ;)

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Thanks for the tips, Cindy! Are they like a TV show, where one episode picks up where the previous one left off?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh, they sound interesting Cindy. Do you have to listen to Strangerville in order? Seems like it from the episode descriptions but I am not sure.
(Oh I see that Angie asked the same thing ;) )
And World's Greatest Con sounds right up my alley!

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
@faerywings @AZK You definitely do not have to listen to Strangerville in order. They are self contained episodes. (We could be looking at two different podcasts based on y'all's description.) You would want to listen to World's Greatest Con in order.

This is the Strangerville podcast I listen to.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Thanks, Cindy- yes, that was the one I was looking at. I guess I was thinking since it's the cohosts live that maybe there would be-- I dunno like inside jokes or remember whens?
I was having a little bit of FOMO* happening :floorlaugh:

* Fear of missing out :D

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Thanks, Cindy- yes, that was the one I was looking at. I guess I was thinking since it's the cohosts live that maybe there would be-- I dunno like inside jokes or remember whens?
I was having a little bit of FOMO* happening :floorlaugh:

* Fear of missing out :D
You're safe. My Inuyasha suffers from FOMO anytime it's time to go inside.